997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 11:53 PM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Congrats, she's a beauty - OP!

Old 06-13-2018, 08:32 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by supra.z06
Congrats, she's a beauty - OP!

Thank you very much!

Old 06-13-2018, 08:37 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Here are a couple of the Vids Matt put together for his YouTube Channel. The first one with the ZO6 (my friend Johns car), he following me the whole time and he got some great footage of my car. Matt has a GT3 of his own but didn't bring it.

The Second one has my car in it a few times, including a nice WOT 1-2 shift to go with the "fast group" on Day one to the Dragon (at 3:18 or so).

Third is the actual vid of Matt starting his journey to the mountains (first vid he shot / uploaded)

Last edited by Big Swole; 06-13-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Well, I gave in and ordered at TPC DCS Plug & Play module. I've not heard a negative thing about it and only very positive stuff. Can't wait to see what improvement over the stock PASM module it provides.

Thank you to Tom at TPC for answering all my questions and providing great customer service!!

For those considering it, here is how he explain how it works and makes the car even better.

"DSC works completely different from PASM controller.
PASM Normal mode is 20% stiffness, PASM Sport mode is 80% stiffness.
The middle range between 20% and 80% is not used even through often the middle range is desired.
DSC is fully active and works in ranges.
DSC Normal mode is a range of 5% to 100% stiffness, DSC Sport mode is a range of 20% to 100% stiffness.
DSC reads the g-force and vehicle speed data and command the stiffness to be appropriate for the situation.
The stock shocks with change to DSC commands at 10x per second.
This will give you better ride over bumps and GT3-like handling on twisty roads when driven enthusiastically to produce higher g-force.
Basically the harder you drive the stiffer the suspension gets. Driving leisurely will be a more comfortable ride than stock."

Old 08-09-2018, 03:52 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Thank you! That's truly why my decision / shopping went toward the DFI cars vs. my long time wanting of a 997.1. (Extra power / performance is Icing on the cake).
I'll miss a 6MT but the PDK is simply awesome as well.
Congratulations on the car! Beautiful.

Now give it ESmotor treatment and make a monster hahahaha

Check out my build thread.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Congratulations on the car! Beautiful.

Now give it ESmotor treatment and make a monster hahahaha

Check out my build thread.
Thanks brother!

I've spoken to them and got a quote for tuning. Had to postpone it a bit to wait and see what my garage addition will cost me first.

Also considering a warranty also... But I know most warranties don't like tuned cars, so there's that decision also.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:40 PM
I received mine today and decided to do a crude little install video. Hope this helps for those not sure about it. It was really easy.
I'll know more about how I like it tmrw. I didn't get a chance to drive more than around the block today.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:46 PM
I aslo installed my ZunSport Grill guards today after my TPC DSC install. Didn't make a vid though. Just pics.

Here are a few after the install.

I a couple of pics of DAT A$$!!!!

Old 08-12-2018, 07:06 PM
I received mine today and decided to do a crude little install video. Hope this helps for those not sure about it. It was really easy.
I'll know more about how I like it tmrw. I didn't get a chance to drive more than around the block today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4_KPY-PbL0

BTW, I just got back from an approximate 100 mile drive (city, highway, and some fairly curvy roads). It only took me just about 3-5 miles to feel the difference in city road driving. The ride is a good bit more compliant and smooth. This alone made this purchase worth it.

As soon as I threw it through the first hard curve, I knew it was better. The turn-in was very confidence inspiring and very smooth. The car seemed less twitchy and immediately felt settled. It felt flatter through all of the corners. Transitions from left to right and back were even more smooth and flat.

Needless to say, I'm Very happy with my purchase of the TPC DSC sport module. I hate to sound like a broke record, but for the money, it's hard to think of a better mod. I can't wait to do a true mountain run where I can get a good bit more aggressive than the roads I got on today. The track would be a real test, but that'll have to wait for now..

Old 08-15-2018, 08:02 PM
I just got back from a 275 mile drive to the mountain and back. I'm totally Sold on this TPC DSC module!!!!

My car is even more fun and more confidence inspiring!!!

Thank you again Tom!!

Old 08-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Teaching the GF to drive the TTS in the Curves!

Old 08-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Here are some pics from yesterdays drive...... Stopped off to see my friend's new home build and had to do a little "off roading" lol

The other pics are off Richard Russell Scenic Hwy. at two different pull offs. This is one of my favor roads due to less traffic and nice consistent curves. Just a fun road to be on.

]

Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 AM
86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold
Here are some pics from yesterdays drive...... Stopped off to see my friend's new home build and had to do a little "off roading" lol

With AWD the car is so capable! haha

I am so jealous of seeing pictures and video of you in the mountains. I love it down that way. Such great roads in the mountains. I need to make it down that way more than once a year. As jealous as I am looking at them, keep posting them. I can live vicariously through you. hahaha Car looks great and modded well.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by 86merc
With AWD the car is so capable! haha

I am so jealous of seeing pictures and video of you in the mountains. I love it down that way. Such great roads in the mountains. I need to make it down that way more than once a year. As jealous as I am looking at them, keep posting them. I can live vicariously through you. hahaha Car looks great and modded well.

Come on down man...Shoot me a PM when you plan to do so and we'll go thrash some roads!

Cheers brother!

Old 08-22-2018, 02:36 PM
I just had my PDK serviced today. They gave me a 2018 718 Boxster S (PDK) as a loaner. Fun little car for sure.

The newer car PDK's do seem to be quicker / smother. Maybe it's just that it only had 3950 miles on it when I got it.

My car seems like it may be a tad smother after the service, but I'm just happy I had it done as "preventative".
I'm no where near the 60K miles but Porsche recommended the service at the 6 year mark.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black