997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Opinions on TPC DSC for 997.2 Turbo S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 07:16 AM
ca86108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Well, I gave in and ordered at TPC DCS Plug & Play module. I've not heard a negative thing about it and only very positive stuff. Can't wait to see what improvement over the stock PASM module it provides.

Thank you to Tom at TPC for answering all my questions and providing great customer service!!

For those considering it, here is how he explain how it works and makes the car even better.

"DSC works completely different from PASM controller.
PASM Normal mode is 20% stiffness, PASM Sport mode is 80% stiffness.
The middle range between 20% and 80% is not used even through often the middle range is desired.
DSC is fully active and works in ranges.
DSC Normal mode is a range of 5% to 100% stiffness, DSC Sport mode is a range of 20% to 100% stiffness.
DSC reads the g-force and vehicle speed data and command the stiffness to be appropriate for the situation.
The stock shocks with change to DSC commands at 10x per second.
This will give you better ride over bumps and GT3-like handling on twisty roads when driven enthusiastically to produce higher g-force.
Basically the harder you drive the stiffer the suspension gets. Driving leisurely will be a more comfortable ride than stock."

Does the dsc adjust based on gforce automatically or do I have to adjust parameters? Can I just plug it in and never touch it and hope the suspension auto adjusts? Do i plug the unit into the obd2?

Old 02-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ca86108
Does the dsc adjust based on gforce automatically or do I have to adjust parameters? Can I just plug it in and never touch it and hope the suspension auto adjusts? Do i plug the unit into the obd2?

Did you not watch my "Install" video from a few post up (post #13)?

Call TPC for the very specifics but yes, it's "Plug and Play".

What I do know is that it helped my car at low and high speeds.

Last edited by Big Swole; 02-08-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:20 PM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ca86108
You can leave it as it's shipped to you and install it like that - it will use the acceleratometer already in the car to base its suspension adjustments on using the default TPC parameters. It does not plug into the OBD2 port but you replace the original PASM module with the DSC module under and to the side of the glovebox (for LHD) - Big Swole's video shows how easy it is to do.

As well you can modify the parameters individually on a computer using the TPC software or download a tuning set off of the TPC website that somebody has already built for the same model vehicle as yours . Your computer just communicates with the DSC module over USB I believe - I think this can be done with the module still installed.

Tom @ TPC (or others there) can help suggest what parameters should be modified to better match your setup.

After install in my otherwise stock suspension 997.2TT I immediately noticed a much more compliant ride and better handling when pushed. Only difference is that turning PASM sport on doesn't automatically turn Sport Chrono mode on automatically - you have to push both buttons to get both functions.

Last edited by DoDaLeCa; 02-08-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:51 AM
NO-SUBT2 is an unknown quantity at this point
After talking with Tom about the TPC DCS, I drove up the following week to Jessup, Maryland, less than an hour from where I live. Tom took out the OEM module and put in the TPC DCS, which did not take very long. We went for a quick ride and I could tell quickly a noticeable difference in how much more compliant the car felt. Due to being unfamiliar with the roads and the roads were wet from the recent rain, I did not push it real hard. When we got back to the shop, Tom took me for a tour of the facilities...very impressive. We talked about potential future modifications to my car. Tom said an alignment to get my 911 Turbo more into GT2-like alignment specs would be best bang for the buck (at least for my needs) and they could start on it within two hours and be finished with it before the time I wanted to leave. On the way home, I took an big circular on-ramp, and the car felt fantastic.... more planted and the turn-in was like butter!! I still have to take it on more tighter and curvy roads, but I have not doubt that I will be able drive more aggressively and confidently (and with the ride being more compliant) with the TPC DCS and wheel alignment. I can very highly recommend the TPC DCS and the wheel alignment from TPC Racing.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:26 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Great News Folks!!

TPC is introducing a new "Launch Control" feature to the DSC!! Have a look!

We can send in our units for an upgrade for a small fee (I'll let Tom or someone from TPC announce the pricing).

Mine's going in as soon as possible.

Old 06-03-2019, 10:22 PM
skyak will become famous soon enoughskyak will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Great News Folks!!

TPC is introducing a new "Launch Control" feature to the DSC!! Have a look!

We can send in our units for an upgrade for a small fee (I'll let Tom or someone from TPC announce the pricing).

Mine's going in as soon as possible.

Sweet! Looking forward to getting the DSC box in my 997.1 Turbo programmed up as well!

Old 04-17-2023, 12:28 PM
vokain is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Lennon31987
do it.
seconded. just installed mine today in my 997.2 tts and i wish i did it earlier

Old 04-18-2023, 07:15 PM
Duschanio is an unknown quantity at this point
its good but i went over from it to a KW V3 ! ... night an day to the stock and to the dsc controller

Old 04-19-2023, 02:00 AM
vokain is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Duschanio
its good but i went over from it to a KW V3 ! ... night an day to the stock and to the dsc controller
but how does a KW V3 compare to Tractive DDA plus their DSC?

Old 04-22-2023, 01:32 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Is the location the same for 997.1? Thanks