997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Xonas are on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 05:01 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, remember you promised pics, lots ....

Hope you kept the HKS's manual, so many things those buttons do ... Longpress upper two will turn it on/off, second button cycles maps (longpress saves current setting/map as default/startup condition), 3rd button brightness longpress resets PH value, other combos cant recall right now ....

Old 05-16-2018, 07:04 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
yeah lots of pics to come...

I did keep the manual, thanks for the HKS tips.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:55 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Yes we need lots of data.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:43 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Don't worry guys, I won't disappoint. Whatever data I get will be shared. Tons of pics so I have to sort them and then post a log of the process.

I'm going to start a separate thread with "tips for those going beyond vtgs" because there isn't currently any such thread for newbs like me and I learned a ton of stuff during this process. It really is a bit intimidating for those of us who aren't familiar with bovs and boost controllers. It was certainly painless using vtgs with stock boost control and protection built in. You give up some of that convenience and peace of mind when you leave vtgs...

Old 05-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Looks like there are lots of us in the GTA, we should definitely meet up one day...

Old 05-16-2018, 09:27 PM
Hey Sam,
HKS unit was installed successfully, I think lol. I will play with it in the next couple of days. I will datalog real soon. I suppose I should burn off this 6month old crappy gas in the tank too before going much further. You mentioned removing the secondary air pump on startup - I think that's a good idea, it is a bit rougher than with vtgs, I assume it's because of the change in plumbing? What was the purpose of the secondary air pump? Other than to wake the neighbours in the morning heh heh.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:28 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
HKS is good...but Greddy Profecs always been a favorite in the JDM world

http://greddy.com/featured/42

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Hey Sam,
HKS unit was installed successfully, I think lol. I will play with it in the next couple of days. I will datalog real soon. I suppose I should burn off this 6month old crappy gas in the tank too before going much further. You mentioned removing the secondary air pump on startup - I think that's a good idea, it is a bit rougher than with vtgs, I assume it's because of the change in plumbing? What was the purpose of the secondary air pump? Other than to wake the neighbours in the morning heh heh.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:12 AM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Fuel

what fuel will u run? Petro 94, shell 91 or Esso 93?

Old 05-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by faiz

Also interested in the answer...

Old 05-17-2018, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by turboslut
HKS is good...but Greddy Profecs always been a favorite in the JDM world

http://greddy.com/featured/42
When I was researching I was told HKS would be best for me but that Greddy and Plex Pro were options. Plex Pro connects directly to canbus

Old 05-17-2018, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by faiz

Ultra 94 unless someone tells me to pick something else, lol. As far as I know, all of them are now oxygenated. I heard that maybe some Shell 91 is not oxygenated but can't confirm.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:39 PM
Kevin_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Asher,

Happy to hear the car is together and running strong.

I have also been running Ultra 94 from Petro Canada but am going to try Esso 93 and see if the logs look any different. I have done a fair bit of reading to date and unfortunately there is no general consensus.

Kevin

Old 05-17-2018, 07:01 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Great first impressions. Back in the day when I used boost controllers I was big into the Profec B and subsequently the Profec Type S, Lol. Haven’t thought about those in at least a decade.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:19 PM
Things didn't go quite as smoothly today - started off with a CEL. I read it as a B9510 on the Cobb Accessport. Couldn't find any info but since it wasn't a "p" code I erased it. First datalog fine until the throttle abruptly closed. Got new map from Sam and initial feeling was very positive. Boost came on really nicely at 3k rpm or so....big thumbs up. The 3rd gear datalog was initially quite good but then the throttle closed again. I know that it is fixable because this also happened when I was getting my 68s dyno tuned.

But it was a real taste of what these turbos can do and I like! Basically they came on around 3k rpm very similar to the vtgs.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin_86
Asher,

Happy to hear the car is together and running strong.

I have also been running Ultra 94 from Petro Canada but am going to try Esso 93 and see if the logs look any different. I have done a fair bit of reading to date and unfortunately there is no general consensus.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin. I always thought the Ultra 94 was good since it's rated at 94 octane. When I learned that it was equivalent to ACN91 in the US I felt like I had been betrayed after spending that extra $$ on it all this time, lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Xonas are on!