997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Xonas are on!

Old 10-17-2018, 01:07 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Yeah e85 and vtgs are an awesome combo - if e85 was available here I'd have been all over it with the vtgs I previously had. Cost effective and the simplicity of vtgs was a big plus. However, since I'm stuck with pumpgas I will happily live with the wg option.

Old 10-17-2018, 01:13 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Anyone into maximizing what the engine can do will end up on wastegates sooner or later as long as they can justify the trade offs Bogg's case is a great example.

Old 10-17-2018, 01:52 PM
86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold
If E85 is available and you have and plan to have a stock motor, the VTG turbos are a blast. You gain a lot of power safely with the fuel. Dollar for dollar you can't beat E85 and VTG. It is an amazing combo that is worry-free. I am really enjoying the 68mm vtg turbos on my car. Maestro has seen my logs and can verify it makes good power.

The Bogg, would you consider buying a drum of E85 to tune the car on? Or are you happy where it is at to keep the motor safe? I can fully understand that. lol

I'm sure being on a road course with the car at this power level has to be interesting. Traction or not. Be safe out there.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:02 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Bogg's car on e85 can lay down 800whp...been done before. I saw one just recently actually. Don't do it Bogg...don't light the crackpipe (as I bring it out and light it for him)

Old 10-17-2018, 03:21 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Absolutely NO to a drum of e85, lol. Sam's already struggling to keep me from bringing in the boost too rapidly in the 4-4.5k rpm range so e85 might just do him in.
So no crackpipe for me. But marijuana just became legal here today so maybe that will have to do.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:44 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
Bogg's car on e85 can lay down 800whp...been done before. I saw one just recently actually. Don't do it Bogg...don't light the crackpipe (as I bring it out and light it for him)
Lol, I lighted the crackpipe 3 years ago!
The car with E85 and "only" 24PSI gives you headaches such it is responsive!
Last week end I even lowered the boost to 18PSI (but still E85 and good angle) because the roads become colder and the MPSC2 can't hold the 3rd gear Anymore (on dry of course), the car gets too dangerous on open roads.
The 997 chassis can hold much power with classic upgrades (coilovers, sway bars, brakes, alignement, etc...) but this turbos with E85 can bring you over the limits on open roads.
@18PSI the car feels pretty well balanced (power/chassis/response) and still runs 100-200 (62-124mph) in repetitive 5,0', even 4,8´ sometimes.
So yes lighting this crackpipe is cool, so cool you have to take your distance with it sometimes in order to not take the stairway to heaven too early!

Old 10-17-2018, 05:26 PM
86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold
I cam from poor man's cars, like the Mustang. I thought all you Porsche guys were 'Ballers'? lol That power crack pipe is addicting alright. I started building a 600 crank hp car years ago. It quickly spiraled into an 1100 crank hp car in a matter of days. So yea, be careful when those pushers come around. *cough* M3 Maestro *cough*

I can imagine that stock motor makes most people nervous. I know it makes me nervous. lol Then I see posts like Brunno Cortes did. That is crazy power on a stock motor. So I think "Well maybe I should push it more?" I know they have a lot going on to make sure that motor is pushed as safely as they can. But still, it is making a lot more power than we are. I don't blame you for staying where you are and tweaking it. The car runs really strong as it sits on 93. No shame in playing it safe with expensive motors. I am envious of your power on 93. I just keep praying to the E85 gods that they keep making available to me. lol

K24F, I agree. I'm in Chicago and the roads get cold this time of year. With the cool air temps and limited amounts of sun warming them. It does not make for ideal traction. My car is worthless to go WOT in first or second gear. Just spins and that is where things get out of control quickly. It is about having fun with our cars and enjoying them. Not breaking of risking them.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:05 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 86merc
I cam from poor man's cars, like the Mustang. I thought all you Porsche guys were 'Ballers'? lol That power crack pipe is addicting alright. I started building a 600 crank hp car years ago. It quickly spiraled into an 1100 crank hp car in a matter of days. So yea, be careful when those pushers come around. *cough* M3 Maestro *cough*

I can imagine that stock motor makes most people nervous. I know it makes me nervous. lol Then I see posts like Brunno Cortes did. That is crazy power on a stock motor. So I think "Well maybe I should push it more?" I know they have a lot going on to make sure that motor is pushed as safely as they can. But still, it is making a lot more power than we are. I don't blame you for staying where you are and tweaking it. The car runs really strong as it sits on 93. No shame in playing it safe with expensive motors. I am envious of your power on 93. I just keep praying to the E85 gods that they keep making available to me. lol

K24F, I agree. I'm in Chicago and the roads get cold this time of year. With the cool air temps and limited amounts of sun warming them. It does not make for ideal traction. My car is worthless to go WOT in first or second gear. Just spins and that is where things get out of control quickly. It is about having fun with our cars and enjoying them. Not breaking of risking them.

I dont think you have anything to worry about. Chicago has had readily available E85 longer than most places (given proximity to all the corn in the US)

Old 10-18-2018, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by turboslut
I dont think you have anything to worry about. Chicago has had readily available E85 longer than most places (given proximity to all the corn in the US)
When gas prices went way up years ago E85 was easy to find. Because it was cheap with the government subsidies at that time. Then when fuel went down in price the E85 went away. But they are building SpeedWay and Thorton gas stations all over the place up here. They both carry E85. So I just hope it stays that way. Because I have to go a little out of my way to fill up. But it isn't bad considering the benefits. My BMW is a twin turbo I6 that will also be on corn come spring. I love that E85 life. haha

Old 10-19-2018, 07:40 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24F

Lol, I lighted the crackpipe 3 years ago!
The car with E85 and "only" 24PSI gives you headaches such it is responsive!
Last week end I even lowered the boost to 18PSI (but still E85 and good angle) because the roads become colder and the MPSC2 can't hold the 3rd gear Anymore (on dry of course), the car gets too dangerous on open roads.
The 997 chassis can hold much power with classic upgrades (coilovers, sway bars, brakes, alignement, etc...) but this turbos with E85 can bring you over the limits on open roads.
@18PSI the car feels pretty well balanced (power/chassis/response) and still runs 100-200 (62-124mph) in repetitive 5,0', even 4,8´ sometimes.
So yes lighting this crackpipe is cool, so cool you have to take your distance with it sometimes in order to not take the stairway to heaven too early!
what kind of brake upgrades do you prefer?

Old 10-19-2018, 01:16 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle
what kind of brake upgrades do you prefer?
I enjoy the Brembo type 3 slotted floating rotors with Pagid RS29 (yellow) pads.
Slotted rotors don't crack as drilled which are dead before they are used with agressive pads.
Gyrodiscs are maybe a good alternative as well.
inox braided lines and high temp brake fluid and it is perfect for me.
The car runs the 100-300 in the 12' @1,65-70Bar and the brakes are never an issue.
Initial bite is a little less agressive than with PDCC but very far better than oem.
High speeds braking and feeling are better vs PDCC (when coming from> 150mph) imo, had several friend's 997TTS and GT2 around and often drove them.
But this kind of brakes are so strong the ABS always go ON with "high standart tires" as Michelin Pilot Supersport, you will need some soft rubber as Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2 or 888 to profit this braking power.
Anyway you need those tires as well once you "light the crackpipe" and feed a Xona turbos fitted engine with E85! 😃

Old 10-19-2018, 01:44 PM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24F

I enjoy the Brembo type 3 slotted floating rotors with Pagid RS29 (yellow) pads.
Slotted rotors don't crack as drilled which are dead before they are used with agressive pads.
Gyrodiscs are maybe a good alternative as well.
inox braided lines and high temp brake fluid and it is perfect for me.
The car runs the 100-300 in the 12' @1,65-70Bar and the brakes are never an issue.
Initial bite is a little less agressive than with PDCC but very far better than oem.
High speeds braking and feeling are better vs PDCC (when coming from> 150mph) imo, had several friend's 997TTS and GT2 around and often drove them.
But this kind of brakes are so strong the ABS always go ON with "high standart tires" as Michelin Pilot Supersport, you will need some soft rubber as Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2 or 888 to profit this braking power.
Anyway you need those tires as well once you "light the crackpipe" and feed a Xona turbos fitted engine with E85! ��

aren't pagid yellows noisy? I have sticky tires, hawk hps pads on oem rotors, brake fluid, and DSC module. e85 on 63.5mm turbos. Next step is brake lines, then gyrodisc rotors. I'm assuming you're talking about brembo rotors in stock size

Old 10-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle
aren't pagid yellows noisy? I have sticky tires, hawk hps pads on oem rotors, brake fluid, and DSC module. e85 on 63.5mm turbos. Next step is brake lines, then gyrodisc rotors. I'm assuming you're talking about brembo rotors in stock size
I hate noisy pads as I mostly drive my car on open roads, Pagid orange were noisy and I pulled them off.
The yellow are almost silencer.
Swap your oem rotors when they begin to crack around the drillings, Gyrodisc seems nice.
Yes my Brembo are stock size.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Are they stock calipers with the Brembo discs? Your car is superfast with only 18psi and e85! Crackpipe veteran!

Old 10-20-2018, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Are they stock calipers with the Brembo discs? Your car is superfast with only 18psi and e85! Crackpipe veteran!
stock calipers yes.
I agree the car is superfast in regards of boost, as told M3Maestro I guess the reason is the breathing engine efficiency dued of the heads job, cams, free intake, catless 3' exhaust, etc...
Notice as well only 18PSI but E85 with higher angle (>22° at top end) which produces much power than pumpgas at 18PSI (reliable top end angle should be about 18° with pumpgas).
GT3RSTT/Karol had this kind of efficient engine in the past, his built engine with "old fashion" GT3071 was flying with not so much boost pressure as well.
Our HTZ turbos are very efficient, mines are now externally WG controled and their performance is even better since. (Sharper boost control, better response)
As said Toby (GB) earlier the boost is the value of the intake backpressure, with "poor" breathing we need much boost to force air inside, with nice breathing an higher filling is achieved and this backpressure is lower.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Xonas are on!