997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

In-Car Camera System Advice

Old 02-05-2017, 08:47 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
In-Car Camera System Advice

Live in a high rise in Hoboken NJ and want to monitor my car in the parking garage. Anyone bought one of the in-car systems that works well or knows the systems? I looked and there are a bunch of models. Hoping for something that will provide 360 degrees, motion activated and can record. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 02-05-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
I have the blackvue 2 channel HD set up in both my cars. I've been very happy with it.

It isn't 360* but can be motion activated i believe and it can send you alerts as well, however i find that feature is annoying as hell and have turned it off. It can also record when the car is parked for a predetermined time period that i have it set to. The camera is also accessible via wifi so you can download the vids to your phone as well.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM
snaphappy is on a distinguished road
I have the same blackvue system mentioned above, with two cameras, and I really love it. I installed it myself in like 20 minutes. So easy. I have it connected to a Cellink Battery B for 24 hour monitoring. Everytime you drive the car the battery charges and then when you shut the car off it keeps the cameras running.

While it's true these cameras aren't 360, they are motion activated. I'm just saying if anyone approaches your car they will be recordered.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:36 PM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
I got the pearl plate bracket

Just came out a few months ago. It charges via solar and streams the rear view right to my iphone. No messy wiring . Just installed the plate in 5 mins and haven t had too many issues with it yet.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:29 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
After some research, you guys and Eddie at Detailing Dynamics, I may go with this solution.
BlackVue DR650 650S - 2ch
https://www.blackvue.com/product/dr650s-2ch/
with PowerMagic Pro
https://www.blackvue.com/product/bla...-parking-mode/

Old 02-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
After some research, you guys and Eddie at Detailing Dynamics, I may go with this solution.
BlackVue DR650 650S - 2ch
https://www.blackvue.com/product/dr650s-2ch/
with PowerMagic Pro
https://www.blackvue.com/product/bla...-parking-mode/
This is the exact set-up i have.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Kricci
This is the exact set-up i have.
I only drive my car on weekends, do you know if it will stayed charged?

Old 02-16-2017, 05:47 PM
i have a lot of electronics on mine, so i leave it on a trickle charger when it won't be driven for extended periods. You should be fine, but a $75 dollar trickle charger is probably a good investment.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kricci
i have a lot of electronics on mine, so i leave it on a trickle charger when it won't be driven for extended periods. You should be fine, but a $75 dollar trickle charger is probably a good investment.
Thank you. Unfortunately, I can't do a trickle charger. I live in a high rise on the Hudson River and my car is in a resident parking garage.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:56 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
BlackVue has a "smartbox" of sorts
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/blackvu...referer=9GNY83

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.