997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 turbo exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 12:41 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
997.1 turbo exhaust sound

Hello,
I have an '08 Turbo (6sp) with FVD (+650PS, Sound Version, 200 cel cats) exhaust with OEM headers.
Question: If I upgrade the headers, would I get a deeper/louder/drone sound ?
Thanks in advance !

Old 03-29-2019, 01:28 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
That version of our muffler is about the deepest / loudest tone you can get from our exhaust offerings. It is also one of the lowest, deepest sounds in the aftermarket.

If you are looking for a lower, deeper tone out of that muffler go to the FVD cat bypass pipes .

You can also run race pipes, which is the ultimate in loud, but will have drone in the cabin. I really don't recommend those for a street car.

Just make sure you update the software to take care of the check engine light. Do you have the handheld FVD flash tool still? Or did it come with the car?

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-29-2019, 02:59 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
Thanks Rhonda, I'll go with the cat bypass pipes. See you in a couple of weeks !