997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997GT2 100-200 kmh 60-130 mph

Old 06-19-2018, 02:43 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
You my friend, have brass ***** 😂

Old 06-19-2018, 02:43 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brunno Cortes
Pump fuel 95oct with wmi
30-32 psi
r888 tires very very hot before pull
Hi Bruno,
Do you know your boost before 5000rpm?

My 997 achieves the same times with the same turbos but via a different way: E85, 3,8built engine, only 1,65Bar.(23-24psi)
Curious you need so much boost, probably only at top end to compensate very low boost at midrange and preserve the stock internals.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24F
Hi Bruno,

My 997 achieves the same times with the same turbos but via a different way: E85, 3,8built engine, only 1,65Bar.(23-24psi)
Curious you need so much boost, probably only at top end to compensate very low boost at midrange and preserve the stock internals.

Would also like to know?

Old 06-20-2018, 03:01 AM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
You can see in the curve we bring it in very smooth in the calibration. Even when Brunno sends it haha!
Hi Sam,

Yes you might raise the boost slowly from pretty low, stock engine.
Nevertheless 850hp seems not so high regarding 32psi at top end.
Whp or crank hp?

Old 06-20-2018, 03:47 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Very Fast Brunno Congratulations!

I'm pretty confused now, is your car still running VTGs?

And is the car tuned by Cobb directly or a Tuner who uses Cobb would be interested to know.

Thanks!

Old 06-20-2018, 06:13 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
What is your set up?

Before I posted this I looked up your previous post and all I saw was a introduction just saying “hi” & then BANG!!!... Crazy power and times from a stock engine set up!!

So far we have the introduction, conclusion to the book, but can we please have the “body” of the book now?!...LOL.

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 06-20-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:22 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tareq
Very Fast Brunno Congratulations!

I'm pretty confused now, is your car still running VTGs?

And is the car tuned by Cobb directly or a Tuner who uses Cobb would be interested to know.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
What is your set up?

Before I posted this I looked up your previous post and all I saw was a introduction just saying “hi” & the. BANG!!!... Crazy power and times from a stock engine set up!!

So far we have the introduction, conclusion to the book, but can we please have the “body” of the book now?!...LOL.
+1 would like to know as well, so many shops coming up with numbered performance stages that don't make any sense to me (stage 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8...etc)

Old 06-20-2018, 07:00 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Guys I don't think Bruno's numbers are far off, they make sense to me. If you look at the setup it takes that much boost to get there. The fuel difference, stock heads and cams(thats ~3psi right there), I believe he is still using smaller intercoolers (restriction), how does the exh look? The turbine housings are the TiAL bolt on ones (start to become restrictive). etc etc. As the engine gets pushed up with this set up the pumping work is going up considerably, we spend energy in pumping losses instead of converting it into power.

With E85 or race fuel (to add plenty timing), ported heads and cams, and bigger turbine housing this engine will achieve this same power at a much lower pressure. Adding displacement will obviously help too. Just keeping it simple and high level here.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:20 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
Is this still on VTG's? Or Tial/Xona/Garrett?

Old 06-20-2018, 09:26 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
I believe its Xonas 3073(or 5756 or XR980 whatever naming they want to use today lol) on the TiAL bolt on housing, internal wgt.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by gofast
Is this still on VTG's? Or Tial/Xona/Garrett?
Looks like a Stage 5 & 3/4 or 6 & 1/2

Old 06-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Oh I was thinking VTG lol, thought the boost curve would look like the Eiffel Tower lol.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:27 PM
danonboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by K24F
Hi Bruno,

Boost alone is not enough info, let's compare compressor maps...

Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by danonboost
Boost alone is not enough info, let's compare compressor maps...
That would be nice wouldn't it? Unfortunately aftermarket turbo suppliers do not do gas stand testing and even if they have some information its not published. I'm won't dive into this cause I would never get off my soap box

Anyways we would expect to see Bruno's car at a higher pressure ratio at similar flow. Indicating a lower VE and higher pumping work. If we had relative humidity and ambient conditions then we could compare Bruno's vs. XYZ car VE at the intake manifold conditions. It would clearly show the difference of why one engine has to work much harder than the other from a pressure perspective. Comparing timing would be another good one. I have some estimates on the thermal efficiency of a stock 3.6L and a built 3.8L as well which we can compare that. Multiple ways to slice this.

I have some comparisons of the effects of heads and cams at a lower airflow (850-900hp crank) and its worth around 50-60hp which is around 2.5 to 3psi. Comparing the available density in the intake manifold we see a measurable shift in VE aligning with the gain in HP.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:22 PM
danonboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
That would be nice wouldn't it? Unfortunately aftermarket turbo suppliers do not do gas stand testing and even if they have some information its not published. I'm won't dive into this cause I would never get off my soap box
I see Precision Turbo does not, that is pathetic. I've always had Garretts and BorgWarner turbos - they do. Ah well.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997GT2 100-200 kmh 60-130 mph