997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Northern VA - Passing Emissions/Inspection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 07:09 AM
brn2drive is on a distinguished road
Northern VA - Passing Emissions/Inspection

I recently purchased a 2009 911 Turbo 6 speed and its an amazing car!

The car has a GMG exhaust, Softronic tune, and the side and back windows are tinted. The car does have a catalytic converter.

Does anyone have experience with these mods and VA Emissions and Inspection? Are there any shops I should take it to?

I tried calling Porsche of Arlington and Tysons and they both made it sound like I would have issues with the tune and tint. I find it hard to believe that a mild tune would fail emissions. I am worried about the tint but I read that the inspection process does not require the inspector to inspect window tint because most shops don't have the equipment.

Any suggestions and lessons learned would be appreciated! I'll post pics of the car soon

Old 06-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brn2drive
I recently purchased a 2009 911 Turbo 6 speed and its an amazing car!

The car has a GMG exhaust, Softronic tune, and the side and back windows are tinted. The car does have a catalytic converter.

Does anyone have experience with these mods and VA Emissions and Inspection? Are there any shops I should take it to?

I tried calling Porsche of Arlington and Tysons and they both made it sound like I would have issues with the tune and tint. I find it hard to believe that a mild tune would fail emissions. I am worried about the tint but I read that the inspection process does not require the inspector to inspect window tint because most shops don't have the equipment.

Any suggestions and lessons learned would be appreciated! I'll post pics of the car soon
The car would pass emissions unless the prior owner specifically requested changes to the file that may affect it. Softronic makes all our files emissions compliant for street use. You may find it easier just to call us .

Best,
Scott

Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winner programmed by Softronic!
Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:42 PM
brn2drive is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Softronic
The car would pass emissions unless the prior owner specifically requested changes to the file that may affect it. Softronic makes all our files emissions compliant for street use. You may find it easier just to call us .

Best,
Scott
Thanks, Scott! I’m glad to hear that. I’ll follow up with a call.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:45 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
I'm from NoVa. Since there are cats, Comes down to how the tune is setup as mentioned above to ready state.

If you have a scanner, it will show the number of systems ready.