997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

BBI Autosport/American Ethanol 1300whp GT2 Build

Old 08-16-2018, 02:41 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 08957
Really nice build up here - looks like a lot of money and time invested into a well crafted machine

I am curious about your claims about having the previously "fastest Porsche" in the world - from what I know as far as the 1/4 mile ESMOTOR holds the ET and MPH records and from my recollection although it may be outdated Eddie Bello held the record for the fastest Porsche (air cooled) which he drove to the track in Texas I believe from the NY area and back and ran in the mid 230 mph range which was truly an insane feat

I think you did a great decision to change shops and hopefully your new project will spend less time broken down than the last one as a result of the superior engineering and skills of the team behind the build
My old 997 Turbo still has the record for highest powered Porsche in the world and also I haven't seen another Porsche go faster than 219.3 in the half mile here in the USA. I don't pay much attention to events In the Middle East. Who knows if the half miles there are actually a half mile.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:41 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 08957
If you read his goals said he does not want it crazy loud

Also I would hazard to say that some 997's might pick up false knock from external wastegate dump tubes as 997's seem to be very sensitive to sound

It seems to me the internal gate is very elegant and clean solution not much of a difference in power if your exhaust system if big enough to handle the flow of 1300 hp
Yes sir you're 100% correct. Internal is the way to go for a street setup

Old 08-16-2018, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by IMI A
I love dropping from 1800bhp to a more street car 1300bhp. Brilliant

Congrats Anthony!
Haha you will be surprised how much better 1300hp is on the street spool wise.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by trbofvr
Beautiful! Do you have the 1300whp dyno graph?
BBI Does

Old 08-16-2018, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
lol, I was thinking the same thing. I was expecting 750whp, maybe 800, or 850whp max....and then he said 1300!!! But then again it must be hard to go from 1800 to mere triple digits
The cool thing about this car is it gets into boost around 3800 rpms. On a lower boost setting it will do 900whp and 1100whp so the 900 setting is awesome around town.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by slavik
Love the car, build and shop. Excited to see what she can do under some real boost!
Thanks for the kind words.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by turboslut
Do you mind sharing your wheel and tire specs?
19x9
19x12

HRE R101

245-35-19
325-30-19

Toyo R888R

Old 08-16-2018, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by supra.z06
Jesus Christ - that intake manifold has my eyes boggling
Sure is! Work of art, but for $10k it better be!!

Old 08-16-2018, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
congrats on the new build, that manifold is a beautiful work of art.

didn't realize you improved from 166mph to 175mph since the Colorado 1/2 Mile event. do u have any 60-130 or dynos to share?
Thank you!

I didn't realize you were there? Where did I say it went 166? It went 175 then the trans broke when the owner of BBI decided to launch and drop the clutch at 6500 rpm's

Sure in time

Old 08-16-2018, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by IMI A
Looks like weapons grade stealth tech
Agreed!!

Old 08-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by odem
175 is very slow for a car that has reached 1300 at the wheels running on ethanol. considering the build...those numbers should be doable.
but doesnt make sense to me going to an event (or several) and not trying to push it one bit.

997.2 did 183 with pump and meth. and has less then 1.000hp.
you should run well over 200 all day!
LMAO come on man use your head obviously it wasn't on kill mode. First event tuning the car and something happened to the trans on the launch. I've gone 219 in the half mile which is faster than anyone else has on this forum in a Porsche so please before you come say something negative please put 2 and 2 together or don't comment. Thanks!

Old 08-16-2018, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Sweet build, but I was thinking the same thing.

Must have been on real low boost like a 770-850whp setting.

Either way killer build!
Wasn't on kill mode. First event for the car bro

Old 08-16-2018, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by trbofvr
Didn’t the topspeed motorsports 991 turbo with 1100whp run 192 at this event?
Was it the first event for the top speed 991? I've gone 219 in the half mile over 10 times in my old 997, these cars take time to get perfected.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:16 AM
RickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to all
A very enviable car collection, kudos on taste

Rick

Old 08-16-2018, 08:31 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
stock offsets?

Originally Posted by yumaverick
19x9
19x12

HRE R101

245-35-19
325-30-19

Toyo R888R

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BBI Autosport/American Ethanol 1300whp GT2 Build