997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bilstein pss10 vs Stock coil + HT spring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Tgvr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bilstein pss10 vs Stock coil + HT spring

Hi Guys,

i need some advices ...

on my 997TT , I ve changed coilover for Pss10 ( used)
the height ride is not a matter for me , i mean i don’t care to have a low rider or a stock height
i’m interested by accuracy... and with the pss10, i feel the car more bouncy...even if the handling has improved.
i m not sure to keep the pss10 ( cause the creaky noise) , and i m looking for reinstalling the stock coilover, with stiffer spring.
i Go on track (4-5 times/year) and would like to be closer from the gt3 handling

What should I have to go ? Keep pss10 or stock +HR ?

thanks

Ps: i will also change the LCA and the sway bar

Old 08-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Take a read, as this thread should help figuring out anything to do with the PSS10's.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...red-turbo.html

Old 08-03-2018, 06:50 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
It does not sound normal to have 'creaking' sounds from suspension, especially if you did not replace the rubber links and strut tops/monoballs with metal race stuff. My first guess is to look at your spring rates and alignment setup. Maybe you want softer springs?

I'm in the same situation here myself -- I have a used, upgraded PSS10 setup un-installed so far but may just go with springs instead of the full deal.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:08 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Hi guys,
i ran 6 years the oem coilovers + H&R springs + H&R swaybars and swapped to the PSS10 two years ago. (A brand new kit with the stiif springs, not the "confort" ones)

IMHO the PSS10 are way better, no doubt.
Nevertheless the rear springs are still a bit too soft at high speeds and under high loads. (3.8 built engine, Xonas and E85)
So I bolted a DSC box, didn't found the 'magic improvement" everyone find but a little improvement for sure.
i didn't tuned the DSC yet but will do to make the rear hydraulics stiffer.

Anyway ​​​​​​​I won't swap back the PSS10 for the oem.

Regards,
P.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:04 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K24F
Hi guys,
i ran 6 years the oem coilovers + H&R springs + H&R swaybars and swapped to the PSS10 two years ago. (A brand new kit with the stiif springs, not the "confort" ones)

IMHO the PSS10 are way better, no doubt.
Nevertheless the rear springs are still a bit too soft at high speeds and under high loads. (3.8 built engine, Xonas and E85)
So I bolted a DSC box, didn't found the 'magic improvement" everyone find but a little improvement for sure.
i didn't tuned the DSC yet but will do to make the rear hydraulics stiffer.

Anyway I won't swap back the PSS10 for the oem.

Regards,
P.

Thanks so much for your input! I am leaning towards using the full coil-overs and also the GT3 lower control arms and other typical bits. I already have upgraded springs for the Bilsteins but probably TOO stiff. Also already have a GT2/GT3 rear swaybar and DSC on the car - I doubt I will do a full aftermarket front/rear swaybar kit. Trying to get it better under control for canyon driving and maybe an HPDE here or there, without turning it into a full-blown track car.