6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Another satisfied TPC DSC customer (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/423368-another-satisfied-tpc-dsc-customer.html)

pterwilliger 08-12-2018 05:17 AM

Another satisfied TPC DSC customer

After reading so many positive reports from those that have upgraded to TPC’s DSC module, I upgraded my PASM box to the DSC controller several months ago. What an amazing difference – gone is the brittle, bone jarring ride that I used to have, along with the feeling of the front end getting a bit “floaty” at speed. There is now no float, no dive, no squat, and the formerly harsh ride is now amazingly compliant. The car now feels so planted – this has to be the single most cost-effective upgrade that one can do to the car’s suspension. A nice side benefit to the controller is that the on/off switching of the firm mode is now independent of the on/off switching of the sport mode; originally the sport mode button also switched on the firm mode. My suspension now consists of the OEM shocks, Eibach springs and sways, and the DSC controller; I’m extremely happy with how the car is set up – both for the street and the occasional track day.

I have the benefit of living not that far from TPC’s shop in Jessup MD, so it’s only 45 minutes from my home. If you live anywhere close to there, it’s worth a trip there just to see the shop and to talk to Tom, Harris, or Mike. I initially went there looking to talk to Tom because I had seen his name mentioned so much in the DSC forum posts; he was out of the shop at the time, so I ended up talking with Harris Levitas, son of owner Mike Levitas. Harris was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the DSC and all things Porsche. I ended up purchasing the DSC while there and it was installed in the parking lot in less than 5 minutes. I noticed the improvements immediately on the ride home, especially on the rough expansion joints on I-95 south; so much smoother than the ride up. I returned a week later to TPC for a proper wheel alignment and a change of all fluids prior to taking the car to Dominion Raceway the next weekend for my first DE with the car. While there this time, I spent some time talking with Mike Levitas. Mike is the engineering brain at TPC behind the DSC and their other products and is well known in the Porsche community and GT3 Cup racing circles. While the car was still on the lift, Mike directed some helpful adjustments to the settings of the Eibach sways and end links. The car performed extremely well for me on the track and the suspension felt perfectly dialed in, whether in the normal mode or firm mode.

So, if you’re on the fence about whether to go for the DSC controller, I say just do it!

Big Swole 08-12-2018 08:38 PM

I agree completely!!

I received mine yesterday and decided to do a crude little install video. Hope this helps for those not sure about it. It was really easy.
I'll know more about how I like it tmrw. I didn't get a chance to drive more than around the block today.

Big Swole 08-12-2018 08:38 PM

BTW, I just got back from an approximate 100 mile drive (city, highway, and some fairly curvy roads). It only took me just about 3-5 miles to feel the difference in city road driving. The ride is a good bit more compliant and smooth. This alone made this purchase worth it.

As soon as I threw it through the first hard curve, I knew it was better. The turn-in was very confidence inspiring and very smooth. The car seemed less twitchy and immediately felt settled. It felt flatter through all of the corners. Transitions from left to right and back were even more smooth and flat.

Needless to say, I'm Very happy with my purchase of the TPC DSC sport module. I hate to sound like a broke record, but for the money, it's hard to think of a better mod. I can't wait to do a true mountain run where I can get a good bit more aggressive than the roads I got on today. The track would be a real test, but that'll have to wait for now..

997TurboTom 08-13-2018 11:08 AM

if the TPC DSC module stops working, will it throw a code? My high speed braking has gotten more squirrely lately

Big Swole 08-15-2018 08:03 PM

I just got back from a 275 mile drive to the mountain and back. I'm totally Sold on this TPC DSC module!!!!

My car is even more fun and more confidence inspiring!!!

Thank you again Tom!!

turboslut 08-29-2018 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle (Post 4732817)
if the TPC DSC module stops working, will it throw a code? My high speed braking has gotten more squirrely lately

When is the last time you did a brake fluid flush?

Big Swole 06-03-2019 09:28 PM

Great News Folks!!

TPC is introducing a new "Launch Control" feature to the DSC!! Have a look!

We can send in our units for an upgrade for a small fee (I'll let Tom or someone from TPC announce the pricing).

Mine's going in as soon as possible.