997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone have a wiring diagram/instructions for constant and accessory?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:52 PM
CodeBlue911 is on a distinguished road
Anyone have a wiring diagram/instructions for constant and accessory?

Hi all.
I'm trying to install a Garmin dash cam and want to hard wire it. I initially thought to tap into the fuse box with add-a-circuit fuses, but it will be a tight fit.
Does anyone know where I can find information on which wires to tap into??...preferably easily accessible and under the dash for a constant wire and an accessory wire?
Thanks in advance!

Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
This thread should definitely help you.... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...soldering.html

Old 09-17-2018, 09:42 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Oh yeah, if your dash cam doesn't come with a direct wire kit, you might want to buy one off of Amazon, etc. Just search for hard wire micro USB or hard wire mini USB depending on the type of connector you have. You will want to step power down to 5V to your dash cam, so, find a hardwire kit that is as compact as possible so you can either keep it behind the "upper console" or more likely, the headliner.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:58 PM
CodeBlue911 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reply. I actually need access to under the dash because I bought the Garmin parking module which has a 2”x2” box and would never fit in the headliner or windshield. This module is required for the dash cam to work in parking mode.