Notices
997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Europipe Stage 1

Old 11-07-2018, 12:19 PM
Big Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Happy to hear you're loving the Europipe exhaust !

Thank you Sir!! I really do. Can't imagine it looking better, being build better, or sounding better than this.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:28 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
That is my car and I have to say that I was very impressed with the EP 1 - amazingly good product - works great - great fit - excellent customer service

I have since changed to a EP 2 and my car ran into some problems such as a seeping front radiator and a few other bugs

I was very impressed with the EP2's sound and frankly I prefer the EP 2 ona car with modified turbos

Hopefully soon my car will be sorted out of all the issues and I can be back to tuning and make more power and a more smooth dyno sheet with a bit less back pressure that the EP 2 will afford me at this power level

Although some state that the cooler air will not need a 3" tip at the end of the exhaust my personal opinion is that the 60mm factory tips are way too small and a real 3" system is needed when making 800 crank hp

Just my two cents

Again Stef - thanks for being there and always supporting me with great assistance and guidance

Old 11-08-2018, 07:43 AM
M3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond repute
08957 when I reviewed your data as you know I mentioned there was a gain going to EP2 as both of us were expecting. Even though I know you and Sam aren't done fine tuning it, it was clear you have lower exhaust restriction as can be seen in your turbine inlet temperature reduction (EGT). The logs have similar AFR, timing, boost, etc. In the EP2 run you actually were 20deg F higher in intake manifold temp which is working against your EP2 data (warmer day). For others wanting to compare Europipe vs. xyz, this is not a good comparison. Ultimately you want to compare systems with the same basic geometry. For those wanting to see some gains if they are on the fence between EP1 and EP2, the data says there are gains, trade off would be sound volume I would expect (never heard them in person).

Old 11-08-2018, 07:17 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro View Post
08957 when I reviewed your data as you know I mentioned there was a gain going to EP2 as both of us were expecting. Even though I know you and Sam aren't done fine tuning it, it was clear you have lower exhaust restriction as can be seen in your turbine inlet temperature reduction (EGT). The logs have similar AFR, timing, boost, etc. In the EP2 run you actually were 20deg F higher in intake manifold temp which is working against your EP2 data (warmer day). For others wanting to compare Europipe vs. xyz, this is not a good comparison. Ultimately you want to compare systems with the same basic geometry. For those wanting to see some gains if they are on the fence between EP1 and EP2, the data says there are gains, trade off would be sound volume I would expect (never heard them in person).

Thank you M3 I greatly appreciate your taking the time to create these very useful data logs

I found the one with the estimated back pressure to be very useful as well

From what I can gather from my brief experience with Porsche 997 it seems that the huge enemy is back pressure in the turbine and exhaust

Thus anything you can do to lower the back pressure is going to be a significant advantage

For this reason I am really against all X Pipe systems as they all create additional restriction in the area of the connection in the joint of the X area cross section - I have yet to see any generally available commercially made X pipe system which does not result in a significant reduction in ID of the main pipe

Finally, I wanted to point out that the cats used in the europipe are of the highest quality available - they cost about $1,000 each and they have showed me zero smell this far in using pump gas - MS109 and E85 - and no CEL what so ever

Recently while my car has been taken apart to find out the source of some problems I am having with the car - the cats were inspected and they are 100% like new after abusing them with this kind of power level

Now my dream is to see my car functional and operational before the snow season comes

Last edited by 08957; 11-08-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Johnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond repute
What program are you using to plot the data?

Old 11-13-2018, 09:04 AM
M3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeM3 Maestro has a reputation beyond repute
The data was collected on 08957's Cobb AP, dyno chart is using Virtual Dyno (you can download it), and the temp plots are in Excel using his logs.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:28 PM
Big Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta love the sound of a Turbo with a Europipe!! Followed my GF driving my car.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:09 PM
buffalosojah will become famous soon enoughbuffalosojah will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Gotta love the sound of a Turbo with a Europipe!! Followed my GF driving my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOjARhULGc
Sounds great. Is that stage 1 or stage 2 europipe?

Old 12-19-2018, 06:47 AM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
Only 1 catted version for the 997.2TT/TTS I believe.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by buffalosojah View Post

Sounds great. Is that stage 1 or stage 2 europipe?
Originally Posted by DoDaLeCa View Post
That's correct. For the 997.2TT's, there's only one version.

You'd have to ask them how the sound compares. Plus the Mezger will have a slight different tone / sound also.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
stef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DoDaLeCa View Post
Correct but note that the TTS and the TT with sport chrono sound louder and more aggressive than a regular TT without sport chrono.

Old 01-06-2019, 05:23 PM
gregg997 will become famous soon enoughgregg997 will become famous soon enough
europipe is the only way to go, love it

Old 01-20-2019, 08:02 PM
coquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of light
I have EP2 on my 997.1 TT. Stef is the best with great customer service.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Sorry - I am kind of slow moving but now that I finally am buying a 991 Turbo I finally got around to making my video of my 997 Turbo with the Europipe exhaust - LOL

It you watch the video you can see how quiet the exhaust is while cruising on the highway - the wind noise is louder than the exhaust - but when on WOT the exhaust has a great sound - however - I show a short part where I have someone backing the car into a garage and you can hear the outside sound of the exhaust and I really think it is ideal !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stef - here is my new 991 - I did not pick it up yet but I will be contacting you soon to get a europipe for this car also

It is amazing what an advantage the PDK transmission is on these cars - it is making 2/3 the hp of my car and it is almost as quick to 70 mph - crazy

Last edited by 08957; 03-03-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Premium Sponsor
stef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the informative video. I’m sure many will find your video useful so you should share it on other threads as well.

In one of the picture you’ll notice the XXL size cats, the diameter is twice the size of the turbo outlet diameter so the cross section is 4 times as big.

Because of the quadrupled cross section the air speed inside the cats is 4 times slower which is a great way to reduce backpressure.

Excellent choice on radiators and intercoolers. Many of our customers have great results with CSF - AMS and also Do88, no affiliation though.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Europipe Stage 1

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.