997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Does anyone currently have their engine out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 07:54 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Does anyone currently have their engine out?

Hi guys!

Does anyone have their engine out of the car at the moment? I am looking for someone to trace vacuum lines and identify check valves in the system (vacuum only v. lines that see boost and vacuum).

I would really appreciate any pic or video walk throughs.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:01 PM
jakethunder is on a distinguished road
This doesn’t help you, but what did you use to lower the engine onto? I’m days/weeks away from pulling the engine to do a bunch of maintenance work. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 11-02-2018, 02:30 PM
lliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud of
I will be using the harbor freight platform lift (1000 LBS) version.

Ed

Old 11-02-2018, 02:58 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Old 11-02-2018, 05:44 PM
jakethunder is on a distinguished road
Perfect. I wasn’t sure which weight to go with from HF. I’ll pick up the 1000 version. Thanks!