997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anybody use this rear wing/spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 03:42 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
How much was that wing? I dig it!

Old 02-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
How much was that wing? I dig it!
I bought the decklid and wing from JL Motoring for $1,999. I have no affiliation with them. They don't make it themselves but outsource the making of it from some local body shop in CA. They didn't disclose the name to me. As you will see in my posts it will require bodyshop to custom sand, prep and prime the decklid to ensure it fits, cut out the holes to transfer over your stock hardware and of course paint it properly. Total cost for the body shop I used was $2k to do all the custom work needed. Some may get it done cheaper depending on who you know and where you are. All in I'm at $4k for this which I think is pretty darn good and looks great. Better than trying to find a real Vorsteiner decklid/wing which is probably about $10k if you can even find one.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:44 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dguth
I bought the decklid and wing from JL Motoring for $1,999. I have no affiliation with them. They don't make it themselves but outsource the making of it from some local body shop in CA. They didn't disclose the name to me. As you will see in my posts it will require bodyshop to custom sand, prep and prime the decklid to ensure it fits, cut out the holes to transfer over your stock hardware and of course paint it properly. Total cost for the body shop I used was $2k to do all the custom work needed. Some may get it done cheaper depending on who you know and where you are. All in I'm at $4k for this which I think is pretty darn good and looks great. Better than trying to find a real Vorsteiner decklid/wing which is probably about $10k if you can even find one.
That's not too bad for $ 4k all in - looks good!

Old 02-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
Ok, got the car back today from bodyshop. Here's cleaned up pictures. Pretty excited on how it turned out!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo251.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	531964   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo885.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	531965   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo349.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	531966   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo751.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	531967   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo785.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	531968  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo585.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	531969  
Old 03-31-2019, 10:15 PM
jwl747 is on a distinguished road
I have a spare Brand New Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Rear Wing plus side plates, let me know if you are interested. jwl747@hotmail.com

Old 10-07-2019, 05:01 PM
itzjere is on a distinguished road
I realize this thread is a little bit old, but wanted to check in and see if you were still happy with the wing?

Old 10-07-2019, 09:13 PM
jwl747 is on a distinguished road
Vorsteiner VRT Rear Wing

Originally Posted by itzjere
I realize this thread is a little bit old, but wanted to check in and see if you were still happy with the wing?
The Vorsteiner Rear wing and deck lid in Carbon Fiber is still holding up extremely well, perfect fit, no fade at all in the clear lacquer finish on the Carbon Fiber Wing, no issues at all, it is extremely well made and as good today as the day it was fitted.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Same here on mine. I've done almost 8 track events this year with the car. Decklid and wing are holding up perfect.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo924.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	533572   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo671.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	533573   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo403.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	533574  
Old 10-08-2019, 06:18 AM
lliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud of
I really like this wing's design. I understand they are NLA. It would be great to hear someone is making them again. I have a decision to make about my inoperative wing, and a fixed wing is one option I am considering.Having a GT Silver car I would prefer a completely painted wing, but this one is aggressive without being too much. I really like the ducts for airflow into the engine.

Ed

Old 10-08-2019, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by lliejk
I really like this wing's design. I understand they are NLA. It would be great to hear someone is making them again. I have a decision to make about my inoperative wing, and a fixed wing is one option I am considering.Having a GT Silver car I would prefer a completely painted wing, but this one is aggressive without being too much. I really like the ducts for airflow into the engine.

Ed
Hey Ed, while Vorsteiner isn't making them anymore, I had mine made through a place in CA called JL motoring. I'll include a link below to their website. They don't make them I think but have a 3rd party that can custom make these. They will send it to you in rough form and you still need to get a local body shop to sand down the decklid to ensure it fits, prep and paint it to match you car. They charge $2k for the decklid and wing. You'll probably spend another $1.500 to $1,800 for the body shop work. At the end of the day it comes together perfect and your in it for far less than what you would have paid from Vorsteiner.

https://www.jl-motoring.com/Porsche_...p/pots9707.htm

Old 10-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor
@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all
wow, I like the car a lot!!

Old 10-09-2019, 02:46 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
That is beautiful! Can you notice the difference on the track?!

Old 10-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by mikestyle
That is beautiful! Can you notice the difference on the track?!
Good question Mike. Unfortunately when I did the wing/decklid I also changed out my entire suspension. The car is definitely more on rails but it's hard to determine how much is attributable to my suspension changes vs rear wing. It's certainly has to be better than the stock version but probably not as good as some of the bigger RS style wings. I still thing it flows with the 997 style better than some of the new bigger ones.

Old 10-10-2019, 06:18 AM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
Good question Mike. Unfortunately when I did the wing/decklid I also changed out my entire suspension. The car is definitely more on rails but it's hard to determine how much is attributable to my suspension changes vs rear wing. It's certainly has to be better than the stock version but probably not as good as some of the bigger RS style wings. I still thing it flows with the 997 style better than some of the new bigger ones.
Yes in my opinion it is the wing I would want if I didn't already have the factory Aerokit option as I do like non-moving plus air inlet scoops over the normal hydraulic lift turbo wing.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:21 AM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for you input Dguth! Yes I agree it suits the curvature of the the car amazingly, even better than the GT2 wing in my opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody use this rear wing/spoiler