Turbo upgrade question - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

997 Turbo / GT2 2006Ė2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Turbo upgrade question

Old 01-07-2019, 06:20 AM
bondjockey is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RickRST View Post
Nothing will spool quicker than the turbos you have except maybe something like an IS20 IHI turbo with electric gate.

The GT2's certainly make more power but do not spool better. 71mm talk is actually fundamentally wrong. It refers to the exducer size, which with the boost pressure used on VTG is not desirable.

Rick
Thanks - this is exactly the answer I was looking for. Most of the responses in this thread were how great bigger turbos are which missed the point of my question. I want as little lag as possible, current power levels are fine. Apparently no turbo exists with less lag than what I have. As such Iíll stick with my oem turbos.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:42 AM
RickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to all
The only way forward i for you to increase the capacity.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:19 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bondjockey View Post

Thanks - this is exactly the answer I was looking for. Most of the responses in this thread were how great bigger turbos are which missed the point of my question. I want as little lag as possible, current power levels are fine. Apparently no turbo exists with less lag than what I have. As such Iíll stick with my oem turbos.

Great question! Im also in the same boat as my car is RWD and the only reason I would swap turbos is for less lag!

Old 01-07-2019, 07:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
Anything larger will have more lag. And nothing can spool like VTG. We van make more power without more lag but not any less for now. You can just upgrade intake/exhaust and tune. That will yield nice gains in power and response with stock VTG's. Displacement, (no replacement haha) is next but getting expensive.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Dedicated Customer Service Since 1998. - 310.600.1850 [email protected]