6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Electrical pin outs for purge valve (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/429783-electrical-pin-outs-purge-valve.html)

Kenith 03-19-2019 01:47 PM

Electrical pin outs for purge valve
 
Looking to see if anyone has the ECU pinouts for the vent line purge valve? I'm getting a P0444 and an indy shop says the plug routed to that seems way too tight to be the correct plug. Does anyone have access to the ECU pinouts from this purge valve to the ECU? I found several ECU diagram PDF's but they do not show the wiring for this specific part.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...0afd87d412.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...867656de32.jpg

Kenith 03-19-2019 04:56 PM

If anyone has the full ECU pin outs, I can do the leg work to find the pins.

o7silverturbo 03-19-2019 05:16 PM


Originally Posted by Kenith (Post 4772417)
If anyone has the full ECU pin outs, I can do the leg work to find the pins.

Im looking for you, I havent been able to find it on any wiring diagram

Kenith 03-19-2019 06:25 PM


Originally Posted by o7silverturbo (Post 4772422)
Im looking for you, I havent been able to find it on any wiring diagram

much appreciated sir! Not sure how this connector might have gotten mixed up.

TT.BRN 03-19-2019 07:46 PM


Kenith 03-19-2019 08:02 PM


Originally Posted by TT.BRN (Post 4772438)

great! Thank you! Looks like I’ll be able to pin it from the two round harness plugs in the rear of the motor!

o7silverturbo 03-20-2019 06:08 AM

The connector prob isnt mixed up or you would have two codes because something else would be plugged in the wrong spot.

Also I found that same picture but I believe that is for the gas tank vent valve. That little valve you are looking for goes to the intake manifold so it should be the purge valve

Kenith 03-20-2019 08:35 AM


Originally Posted by o7silverturbo (Post 4772461)
The connector prob isnt mixed up or you would have two codes because something else would be plugged in the wrong spot.

Also I found that same picture but I believe that is for the gas tank vent valve. That little valve you are looking for goes to the intake manifold so it should be the purge valve

that’s a good point, but I’m getting a p0444 even after the Indy shop replaced the purge valve and carbon canister. They mentioned the harness seems way too tight.

o7silverturbo 03-20-2019 11:35 AM


Originally Posted by Kenith (Post 4772484)


that’s a good point, but I’m getting a p0444 even after the Indy shop replaced the purge valve and carbon canister. They mentioned the harness seems way too tight.

they replaced the purge valve in the engine bay? the picture that you posted?

Because I dont think on the 997 it has a tank vent valve. I believe it just has the engine purge valve

Kenith 03-20-2019 11:59 AM


Originally Posted by o7silverturbo (Post 4772519)
they replaced the purge valve in the engine bay? the picture that you posted?

Because I dont think on the 997 it has a tank vent valve. I believe it just has the engine purge valve

the pdf I posted is of the “tree assembly” which was replaced along with the carbon canister up front. The pdf I pulled was from a 997.1 turbo.

Kenith 03-21-2019 11:08 AM


Originally Posted by o7silverturbo (Post 4772519)
they replaced the purge valve in the engine bay? the picture that you posted?

Because I dont think on the 997 it has a tank vent valve. I believe it just has the engine purge valve

we’ll be tackling this project this Saturday, any other ideas on the P0444 cel? The car idle hunts (sometimes, with the cel coming on right after), with similar symptoms of a vacuum leak.

o7silverturbo 03-21-2019 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by Kenith (Post 4772712)


we’ll be tackling this project this Saturday, any other ideas on the P0444 cel? The car idle hunts (sometimes, with the cel coming on right after), with similar symptoms of a vacuum leak.

I checked on my car for you. Those wire match the colors going to the valve on my car so it seem the wiring diagram is right.

I would UNPLUG the valve and power it to see if it clicks. Make sure you didnt get a bad part from the dealer or part store.

Check resistance from the main plug to the sensor plug make sure you dont have a break in the wiring.

If you have access to a scanner can have a meter on there and see if the computer is even commanding the sensor on.

PM and Ill give you my cell number if you have any questions you can shoot me a text


saabin 03-30-2019 09:38 PM

I replaced the vent hose in order to correct a P0455 code..

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...l#post13542347
see post #13 and #19

Worked like a champ, I bet you have some other issue. The connector just provided 12V to cause the hose to flow air or not. Mine was easy to check.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands