997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need Serious Help, 997tt been down for a month!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Alapor is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Serious Help, 997tt been down for a month!

I have some serious tranny issues. I am desperately looking for a part. It is the shifter sleeve, part number 997-304-081-50. Porsche is not making it anymore as they are looking for a new producer for it. It could be a year before I get one from the factory. So pissed. Can anyone hook me up or point me in the right direction? Oh yeah, one other thing, supposedly there is an Audi match for it too, but I can not cross reference the number.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear, and I can't really help. I'm just curious, if you don't mind, what have the issues been? Symptoms, diagnosis, etc?

Old 05-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Kinda a long story, but I had a BBi slave put in. The shop that did it did not flush the pentosin out. My lines swelled and the clutch blew out. Trashed 1st, 2nd, both synchros. I shipped the tranny out to be repaired, found the shifter sleeve chewed up too. Porsche quit making the part and is looking for a new manufacturer. Could be a year or more before I can get one if I can not find one somewhere else. Hoping maybe someone can cross refernce the Audi part. Damn near called every Porsche dealer and Porsche part shops. I am at my wits end and almost ready to sell as is and tell Porsche to bite me. No reason someone should wait a year for a part.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:27 PM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
Yikes! That sounds terrible, my condolences. Definitely pushed me further towards a GT2 conversion kit when I do that upgrade.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:45 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch!

Your best bet is to get in touch with Bill Radar and California Motoraports, if these two can't help you nobody will unfortunately ..... if that part is chewed up then chances are the synchros are also junk, and those are pricey on the 997 box, maybe you ought to look into a used 996tt box, weaker stockVSstock but atleast you can build it with stronger oem/aftermarket parts ...

Just curious how a swollen pressure line can cause all this damage. The lines are made for pentosine, if anything the internal slave seals are what fails ..... To me sounds when the slave mechanically failed, someone was trying to find first or second repeatedly grinding it to death ..... whatever it was it really sucks sorry again ...

good luck

Old 05-10-2019, 04:44 PM
It was both, it had both DOT and pentosin in it, lines swelled and sweated. Other BBi conversions have had this as well, but is it not common.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:48 PM
jakethunder is on a distinguished road
Have you checked with LA Dismantler, based out of California. They carry parts for the 997 Turbos on occasion.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:23 AM
All I found was a complete used one.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:53 AM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !