6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   New Addition for My Condition! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/52765-new-addition-my-condition.html)

magwheel 07-09-2006 10:32 PM

New Addition for My Condition!

5 Attachment(s)
New Addition for My Condition

All I wanted to do was to stop in "To See What Condition My Condition Was In" and I guess my condition was a little weak so I had to do something about it!

Well, I'm afraid I didn't keep my word when I said I was done buying cars for a while. A friend of mine mentioned to me that he was at our local Porsche dealer and he saw a new 997 Turbo there. He said it was outrageous and I should stop by and check it out.

This is at the same dealer I had a problem with when I bought my 2003 GT2. His GM screwed me into a 4 year lease deal saying Porsche wouldn't approve a 3 year lease. I found out 2 weeks later it was a lie by the GM so he could reap more kickback from the 4 year lease.

Anyhow, ironically, my son called me the same day and said he had seen the Turbo, freaked out over it and he too thought I should stop in and check it out. Couldn't believe I got both calls the same day about that Turbo!

So with that agitation, that was all I needed to pay the dealer a visit. He had sent me a note a year ago or so apologizing for his GM's actions and said he wanted to make it up to me.

Well I jumped in the Carrera GT (to do a little ball-busting - cause I had bought it from another dealer) and went to the dealer's new showroom. Sure enough, there it was in all its' glory on the spotlight stage, a new 2007 997 Turbo in Colbalt Blue Metallic with Stone Grey leather interior. It was beautiful. BUT it had a 'SOLD' tag on the windshield! Bummed out!

I called the owner over and asked what the situation
was on the car? He told me it was 'supposedly' sold to a car dealer (non-Porsche) in Florida but he hadn't done any paper work on her yet.

Long story short...... he decided to sell it to me..... at STICKER..... $132,905. I guess he was trying to mend broken fences! I certainly appreciated his gesture no matter what the reason.

It's an awesome car with unreal power as far as I can tell. I'll give some more reflections on her at a later date.

One gripe and one weird situation. The gripe..... $540 for Silver 'colored' seat belts! Are you kiddin? Now if they were Silver studded..... well maybe!

Weird situation...... on the sticker it says Colbalt Blue Metallic $2380. And then on the line below, it says Colbalt Blue Metallic N/C. But I did the calculations and I WAS charged the $2380! Also on the 'build it yourself configurator' website, it also says there is no charge for the Colbalt Blue Metallic paint! Huh?

I guess I'll have to call Porsche Headquarters to see what the heck is going on. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the pics. Reckon I added a new color to the rainbow mix of cars! Magwheel ;)

empunker 07-09-2006 10:40 PM

awesome!! congratz

Ray 07-09-2006 11:11 PM

congrats!! hope to see some reports compare it with your collections in the future!!

girthboy 07-09-2006 11:20 PM

fantastic! enjoy it in good health!!!

Porscheboy16 07-09-2006 11:49 PM

Nice! Cobalt looks great on the 997TT.

bryan305 07-09-2006 11:55 PM

Maybe it's just me, but from those pics, the interior seems to be of lower quality than I'd expect...

atomic80 07-10-2006 12:15 AM

You are INSANE, magwheel! I mean that in a good way! I've been reading your stories with glee on Jabbaworld! You never cease to amaze me, man! And now you've got yet ANOTHER car, the car I've got on order too! Mine isn't going to be here until November and yet you've got your unplanned car in your driveway already!

There's a big confusion on whether Cobalt blue is a no charge/charge color and that was a huge mistake on Porsche's part. I did a bit of research on that myself when I saw that it was no charge on Porsche's site, in their brochure, etc because I've got that color on order! Apparently, Lapis blue is the one that's no charge but Cobalt blue is the special order color with the extra cost associated with it. I hope that Porsche clears up this oversight sometime soon because it's getting EVERYONE confused!

Anyways, time for a new photoshoot, man! Take some pictures of that Turbo of yours with all your other toys! Any idea what license plate you're going to get for this blue beast of yours? I considered "Sally" from Cars, but not sure if that fits the car! No pinstriping on the back end (go see the movie if you're not sure what I'm talking about!)

BTW, did you get the missing "T" on your CGT fixed yet?

MexicoBlue 07-10-2006 12:33 AM

Beautiful car. Congratulations. You were dead meet the moment you walked in the dealership door . . .

Hussain 07-10-2006 12:50 AM

so which car do u take to the grocery store?

vincenzina 07-10-2006 01:07 AM

Cuz we all only live once....
You gotta 'buy to try' as many Porsches as one can..

Cobalt Blue is wild, enjoy that color.

magwheel 07-10-2006 04:11 AM

INSANE, magwheel!

Originally Posted by atomic80
You are INSANE, magwheel! I mean that in a good way! I've been reading your stories with glee on Jabbaworld! You never cease to amaze me, man! And now you've got yet ANOTHER car, the car I've got on order too! Mine isn't going to be here until November and yet you've got your unplanned car in your driveway already!

There's a big confusion on whether Cobalt blue is a no charge/charge color and that was a huge mistake on Porsche's part. I did a bit of research on that myself when I saw that it was no charge on Porsche's site, in their brochure, etc because I've got that color on order! Apparently, Lapis blue is the one that's no charge but Cobalt blue is the special order color with the extra cost associated with it. I hope that Porsche clears up this oversight sometime soon because it's getting EVERYONE confused!

Anyways, time for a new photoshoot, man! Take some pictures of that Turbo of yours with all your other toys! Any idea what license plate you're going to get for this blue beast of yours? I considered "Sally" from Cars, but not sure if that fits the car! No pinstriping on the back end (go see the movie if you're not sure what I'm talking about!)

BTW, did you get the missing "T" on your CGT fixed yet?

What's goofy is that they state on the 'sticker' that there's N/C for the Colbalt Blue!

Yeah, I couldn't believe it was sittiing there and not really sold. And then to be able to buy it for sticker after seeing them going for at least $5,000-10,000 over sticker! Did you call Porsche about the so-called Colbalt Blue charge or just talk to the dealer?

You wouldn't believe what a pain it is to line the cars up and try and keep edge spacing and equal distance between them. Then there's getting them in and out of the garage. Yeah I know...... everyone should have that problem! Believe me.... I know how lucky I am!

As far as a plate, I was thinking about 'HUF N PUF'..... you know..... the Big Bad Wolf stuff, "I'll Huf N Puf and blow your house down!" Waddya think?

And noooo, I haven't gotten the 'T' fixed yet. Too damn lazy to drive to Cleveland to a dealer who offered to fix it for me. Sorry for letting you down! Michael hilarious

2thfixr 07-10-2006 04:18 AM

Great color! I would imagine that it's quite a dilemma for you to decide which car to drive in the morning. I have a hard enough time with my cars! :D

MeanMachine 07-10-2006 05:19 AM

I love your collection , Youve got nice taste and for the license plates, I support you with the big bad wolf idea "HUF N PUF"
Any way enjoy your new 997Turbo and drive it like you stole it

master_jcp 07-10-2006 05:27 AM

Nice car and have have fun with the car! You want to buy a Lamborghini Murciaglo Roadstar or???

Eric (Plug Guy) 07-10-2006 08:16 AM

Mag...you suck. ;)

Nice job, and yes you got hosed on the charge for Cobalt. No Charge on the Turbo.

Get the dealer to give you a check for that one. But in the meantime, enjoy the ride(s). :D