6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Giving Away My March '07 Spot - 997TT, Carrera White (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/72925-giving-away-my-march-07-spot-997tt-carrera-white.html)

YesItsLoaded 02-10-2007 09:45 PM

Giving Away My March '07 Spot - 997TT, Carrera White

Hey Guys,

I can’t believe I’m about to do this, but I just had a big deal ‘go south’ at the closing table forcing me to pass on my newly ordered 997TT: It builds this February 15, and should be on the dealers’ lot by this mid-March.

I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING – I am GIVING AWAY my spot.

Here are the specs from my build sheet:

-Carrera White (B4)
-Black/Stone Interior (BK)
-Sport Chrono Package (640)
-Tiptronic S (249)
-Parking Assist System (635)
-Remote CD Changer (692)
-Rear Window Wiper (425)
-3-Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel (431)
-Thicker Leather Steering Wheel (CPA)
-Floor Mats (810)

The Dealer is in S. Florida. After speaking with my salesperson, all you have to do is give them (NOT ME) a deposit (just like you would if you had ordered this car yourself). They will credit me for my deposit and put your name on the purchase order – and the car is yours.

I have all papers (build sheet; purchase order, etc.,) and will gladly pass you onto my dealer/sales person information to confirm all of the above.

Please let me reiterate, I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING. I do not want to make a penny. I am just giving someone the ability to step into my shoes and take delivery of the car of my dreams (boy, I was looking forward to joining the “White Power … Pics” post).

Not out of the game yet, just have to put the dream on hold for a little while.

Serious inquiries may email me at: Support@UnitedStatesMortgage.Org

Best Regards.

MiniDHinkle 02-10-2007 09:47 PM

This thread will be deleted.

Byronmaui 02-10-2007 09:56 PM

Good luck because there are alot of spots open for turbos.

Byron

DJ 02-10-2007 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
This thread will be deleted.

Nah he Pm'd me and he is just a consumer like us all who is letting his spot go on an ordered TT, he isnt asking for a penny, it's all good :)

YesItsLoaded 02-10-2007 10:36 PM

Thanks DJ ...

... and you absolutely right - I am not making a single cent.

I came here a few months ago knowing nothing about Porsche's ... and after pouring over your posts here everynight for weeks, I actually felt I knew enough to be dangerous - and actually own one.

All I wanted to do was 'pay-back' a little and offer the spot to someone here first - for free. My salesperson has told me that he has a list of people who may be interested, so we'll see.

While I am financially able to take delivery (and may have to), I was just hoping to pass the honor onto someone else and avoid the out of pocket hit right now - it just turns out that if I don't have to spend $150K on my daily driver, I'd prefer not to: that honor I will pass onto someone here if they want it - for free.

Thanks to all for your time.

Byronmaui 02-10-2007 10:39 PM

Again good luck. My opinion just take delivery. Then you have something to work for.

Byron

gradyex 02-11-2007 03:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope you can find someone interested in your car (its not going to be easy). I say this because when someone buys a car and spends $140K+ they usually prefer to custom order it. For example, check my order, I have a ton of options but only 2 are on your car (I am not counting floor mats). Your thicker steering wheel is multifunction, mine is sport: The first is 640 (sports chrono) and the second is CPA (thicker sport steering wheel) but yours is multifunction. I feel for you and hope someone does take it off your hands. Demand is still strong now and you might find the right person. The tip trans. might be a big plus for you (high demand short supply). Let us know how it goes. If you only put $5K down on a deposit, step out and don't buy it. Once you take it off the lot you will loose $$$$! Odds are the dealer will find someone and return your deposit in time. Ask him to return it when the car sells. Deep down inside, dealers hate to keep deposits...they know in the long run it hurts their reputation. Here is my order, click on it, the quality is poor but you can go to "I finally took the plunge" post and read it there.

mja 996TT 02-11-2007 07:52 AM

I agree with Gradyex. if you can't find a way to buy and keep the car; I would ask the dealer to refund your deposit when they sell the car. Worst case is you loose the deposit, which might be less than the depreciation hit.

One of the major reasons I've owned my turbo twice as long as any other car is that by custom ordering it and with mods ..... it is truly 'my car'. IMHO, I would keep it, enjoy it, and not look back. All of us have 'deals go south'; but, there will be other deals.

good luck

YesItsLoaded 02-11-2007 08:29 AM

Good Advice!

Thanks Gradyex & MJA

Gradyex: Interesting thought - to just walk away from the deposit if I can't give away my spot - nobody likes to leave money on the table, but I may just have to.

Boy you got a lot of leather in that car (I'm sure it looks awesome).

I'm a simple guy, I prefer to keep my cars simple too. I think the 997 TT is the perfect example of a car with an understated appearance but a giant-killer in performance.

I've bought 3 - cars from this dealer (BMW's) over the past 5 years, so I'm sure we can work something out on the deposit.

MJA: I agree with you - deals do come and go - and I really have no $ problem taking delivery/buying the car, its just without the last deal in the bank, justifing it right now is harder to do, not imossible.

Thank you both for your input!

docjackson1 02-11-2007 04:00 PM

i am sorry to hear about your disappointment. i would think that the dealer could sell the car, and give you back your deposit.

YesItsLoaded 02-11-2007 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by docjackson1
i am sorry to hear about your disappointment. i would think that the dealer could sell the car, and give you back your deposit.

Thanks Doc - I'm sure you are correct, I just wanted to give the Forum Members a shot at the spot first.

I have an email into my salesperson with an update. Let's see if and how he responds.

Regards.

werksracer 02-11-2007 08:44 PM

Maybe you could ask the Dealer to apply your Deposit towards a Gift Certificate that you would be able to use at a later date.... or sell?

YesItsLoaded 02-11-2007 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by werksracer
Maybe you could ask the Dealer to apply your Deposit towards a Gift Certificate that you would be able to use at a later date.... or sell?

Interesting idea - thanks - It won't hurt to ask!

YesItsLoaded 02-11-2007 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyD
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Kinda off topic but it seems like it might be true that the mortgage business is getting as bad as the news says it's getting?

Not really for me, I guess I'm lucky. My mortgage/lending business focuses primarily on commercial real estate investors - no real shortage there. I make a pretty decent living by anybody's standards - just all allocated right now (college for the kids; vacation home; investments, etc.,) ... you know, the usual things.

I pegged the purchase of the 997TT on a sale of a shopping center I own - a big profit and equity return that would have allowed me to make the 997TT purchase outright without even noticing the outlay.

Just bad luck/timing on my part.

Regards.

TT Surgeon 02-12-2007 12:54 AM

Just walk away, a deposit is nonbinding. Worst case you're out the deposit, best case you won't have monster monthly payments to remind you of your mistake.
Seeing as it's a tip, for some unknown reason they are in damand right now, you should be able to pass it along easily.
This is the problem with speculating on either unrealized income or the reality of the 997TT market. JMO, somebody had to say it...;)