997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Loudest exhaust for the Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:45 AM
Mercedes Benz will become famous soon enoughMercedes Benz will become famous soon enough
Loudest exhaust for the Turbo?

What the loudest exhaust you can get for the turbo that still sounds good? I love the car but its to quiet. I am not the practial kinda guy, so i don't mind it loud all the time. Would muffler bypass pipes be my only option? from fabspeeds website it doesn't sound all that great, maybe it sounds better in person. I don't just an exhaust system that just makes the car sound a little throaty, i want loud. Any advice?

Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
So far I only like the AWE, Milltek, Tubi exhaust for the 997 Turbo.

I didnt like the Muffler Bypass pipes didnt sound that great, might sound better in person. judging from the Videos AWE sounds best.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:12 AM
Mercedes Benz will become famous soon enoughMercedes Benz will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
So far I only like the AWE, Milltek, Tubi exhaust for the 997 Turbo.

I didnt like the Muffler Bypass pipes didnt sound that great, might sound better in person. judging from the Videos AWE sounds best.
Hows the Tubi sound on the Turbo? Ever hear one in person? You have any links to a video of the Awe or Tubi for the TT.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:15 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, Ive watched it a couple of times on Youtube.

Here are the links:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=AWE+997TT

997TT turbi: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ji50g3Mcwbc

Old 04-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Vudu will become famous soon enough
Well, I'm pretty sure it's NOT gonna sound as loud as a Viper whichever system you fit! I'd go with straight pipes..

Old 04-03-2007, 02:12 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Loudest would definitely be the Fabspeed straight pipes or the cargraphic "export" version.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, seems like the straight pipes are the only thing for "loud". But does it sound good in person? From the videos its really hard to tell if it sounds good.

Anymore videos of a TT with the Tubi?

Old 04-03-2007, 03:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Loudest is def. Fabspeed or any type of bypass pipes, but Atomic's car and Cargraphic loud sounds THE BEST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFYu...96532&index=83

Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We have developed a system for the 997TT that makes GREAT power and sounds awesome and is all built in house..
I will post dyno sheets up soon!!

GMG WC997TT Sport exhaust.

Patent pending design.
Completely built in house in Ca.
Full Stainless steel
Tig-Fuse welded process
200 cell metal core catalyst (No check engine lights)
Awesome sound.......... Very Unique complete system weighs 26lbs.

Sound clip and video will be up on our website.. Shortly..

Or visit www.gmgracing.com for more and click on the project 997TT on the front page...

Old 04-03-2007, 04:09 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
has anyone heard Milltek compared to AWE and fabspeed?

Old 04-03-2007, 06:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Finding a great sounding exhaust for a turbo is a losing battle, none of them sound good, I think it's the turbos, even if you get the bypass and all that I still have yet to hear a good one. You get more sound at chill pace than you ever will at WOT.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:13 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
heavychevy,

I'm curious how did you come to that conclusion? It's really hard to accurately judge how a system sounds from video clips alone. It'd really be best to hear them in person.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:54 PM
drbf is on a distinguished road
I am going with AWE or FabSpeed exhaust. Sound clips sound great

Old 04-03-2007, 07:55 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Finding a great sounding exhaust for a turbo is a losing battle, none of them sound good, I think it's the turbos, even if you get the bypass and all that I still have yet to hear a good one. You get more sound at chill pace than you ever will at WOT.
Dez you have GOT to hear my GT2 and Raudel (RCNJ's) GT2, believe me, that's all i have to say at cruising speeds, WOT and light acceleration!!

BTW i agree with Atomic, these cars should be heard in person, my friend Sam on here who has Cargraphic on his 997TT sounds amazing in person, but on videos its nothing like it!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:05 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
heavychevy,

I'm curious how did you come to that conclusion? It's really hard to accurately judge how a system sounds from video clips alone. It'd really be best to hear them in person.
I am judging from what I look for in an exhaust, I have heard video clips and although you cant hear the full sound of the exhaust you can tell it's not satisfactory, but what works for you may not for me so its a matter of personal opinion. I happen to think the original poster will have similar taste as mine if he enjoys the sound of a good exhaust on his viper and wants it loud, doesnt mind it loud inside but it has to sound great at WOT and I havent heard a single turbo that I have liked at WOT, too tame for me. Hopefully martin can change that for me but great sounding exhaust is not common on any TT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loudest exhaust for the Turbo?