New Product: EVOMS 997TT "Leak Proof" Throttle Body Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 10:52 AM
SikPorscha is a splendid one to beholdSikPorscha is a splendid one to beholdSikPorscha is a splendid one to beholdSikPorscha is a splendid one to beholdSikPorscha is a splendid one to beholdSikPorscha is a splendid one to beholdSikPorscha is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
If anybody wants one of these cheap, PM me, you can have mine for $100. I tried and tried to make it work and in the end, my shop had me go back to a traditional clamp. I've been running 22 psi for a year now with no problems.

I'll take it if available? Pm your PayPal

Old 08-13-2016, 10:44 AM
nuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SikPorscha
I'll take it if available? Pm your PayPal
Hello, you're 2nd on the list--somebody else just beat you. Cheers!

Old 08-16-2016, 09:04 AM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
If anybody wants one of these cheap, PM me, you can have mine for $100. I tried and tried to make it work and in the end, my shop had me go back to a traditional clamp. I've been running 22 psi for a year now with no problems.
When you say one of "these", are you referring to the EVOM leak proof kit?

If yes, what went wrong that you couldn't get it to work?

Old 08-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjurroz
When you say one of "these", are you referring to the EVOM leak proof kit?

If yes, what went wrong that you couldn't get it to work?
I recall sending him a replacement set of o-rings to replace some that were damaged, but I can't pull up my notes to see what the issue was he was trying to fix.

Regardless of his issue, we did change manufacturers of this part about a year ago, and as part of that transition the kit was used and test fitted on a couple different cars and applications to verify everything still worked as designed. That was the biggest change we've made to this since it was originally released, and we've had no reported issues with any of the kits out there. They are not fun to install, especially the first time around, as the seals are quite tight and there is not a lot of room to work. But if done right, they are proven to work and be serviceable without issues over a long term period of time.

I contacted AMS, who were kind enough to present drawings of their y-pipe mouth. They modeled it off of stock, and based on those dimensions alone the kit COULD be compatible with the AMS y-pipe. To my knowledge, nobody has fitted one up with the AMS pipe to confirm it all goes together and there are no leaks. If someone wants to give it a shot, I'll give you your money back if it has any issues.

Lastly, we are up to five committed people in the group buy! The group buy closes Friday, so we need five more deposits in order to go forward at the $500 price. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to join.

Sam

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-19-2016, 10:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Last day to join the group buy for the Leakproof Throttle Body Adapter! See here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...group-buy.html

I have a small number of kits in stock, so if this goes ahead we will start shipping some of the orders on Monday at the $500 price point. Regular price is $695, so if the group buy goes ahead it will be an excellent deal.

If anyone has any questions, I'm here to answer them!

Sam

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-21-2016, 05:35 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duckstu
you might want to try better clamps.

T-Bolts are notorious for letting your hoses fly off. I had the hoses on my last car come off every 5 min of track time with them. They stretch,.. and don't come back,.. so after a heat cycle,.. they're loose. Especially true pre-intercooler.

Iupgraded to fully-lined Breeze Constant Torque clamps (which are more compact, and also much cheaper),.. and have never had an issue since.

Being fully lined,.. they don't chew up your hose,.. and that mess that looks like a stack of washers is a sort of spring,... which keeps constant tension on the hose, even after a vicious heat cycle.

Also,.. choose your hose wisely. Not sure what hose you're running,.. but many are like the junk Saamco sells,.. where it's shiny and slick on the inside like it is on the outside. That makes for very little friction,.. and the tiniest hint of oil and you can pull the hose off with your hands.

Companies like Vibrant make much better hose,.. that's dry on the inside like an art-gum eraser. Many times more friction.
Best clamps by far,

Old 08-03-2018, 09:34 AM
86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports

I contacted AMS, who were kind enough to present drawings of their y-pipe mouth. They modeled it off of stock, and based on those dimensions alone the kit COULD be compatible with the AMS y-pipe. To my knowledge, nobody has fitted one up with the AMS pipe to confirm it all goes together and there are no leaks. If someone wants to give it a shot, I'll give you your money back if it has any issues.

Sam
Has anyone confirmed that the EVOMS coupler conversion works with the AMS Y-pipe? I have two cars with AMS kits on it. One is the older aluminum y-pipe and the other is the newer style carbon fiber y-pipe. If anyone has any experience with either of these I would love to hear it.

Thank you!

Old 04-30-2023, 09:02 PM
997 Turbo is on a distinguished road
Do you still sell this throttle body conversion kit?

Old 04-30-2023, 09:57 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997 Turbo
Do you still sell this throttle body conversion kit?
What is your set up?

stock or IDP YPIPE, IDP Plenum, GT3 throttle body?

I had the stock ypipe to the GT3 throttle body with the IDP Plenum. The ypipe couple to the GT3 Throttle body kept popping off or leaking. I tried new clamps, difference clamps etc.

I finally made a call to IDP and they shipped me a new updated coupler and clamps and 6years later not an issue.

Old 05-01-2023, 05:04 AM
997 Turbo is on a distinguished road
Of course I have IPD y-pipe and GT3 throttle body. It just popping off.

Old 05-01-2023, 08:14 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Give IPD a call amazing customer service! (See my thread about that!)https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/450692-amazing-customer-service-greg-team-ipd.html

Their redesign coupler has a grove in it to match the gt3’s and they also send new clamps.

Never had an issue since installing…period!