997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

\ New from VF: 510hp 997S 3.8L /

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor
VF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the rough
\ New from VF: 510hp 997S 3.8L /

Hello everyone. We have been offering superchargers for both the 996 and 997 for many years now and due to popular demand and substantial data we've gathered, we are proud to announce a change in the supercharger designed for the 997 Carrera S models (3.8L).

The VF510 Special forum pricing available thru Vivid Racing here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...group-buy.html
  • 510 hp / 380 ft/lbs
  • 6.0 PSI
  • V3 supercharger
  • ECU software flash

(Above picture depicted as an almost exact example from a different Porsche)

(Vehicle depicted above is equipped with a VF-Engineering supercharger)

Designed and built-to-order using the latest in manufacturing technology, the VF510 utilizes custom intake piping and aftercooling design to provide peak performance without sacrificing reliability or drivability. Using a Vortech V3 self-contained supercharger, there is no longer any need for extra oil lines or heavy oil coolers. The V3's large size also allows us to reduce drag on the motor by spinning the V3 at a much lower RPM, therefore, also creating much less heat.

Vortech V3 w/custom VF CNC Machined Bracket

Custom VF Aftercooler Housing with Internal Factory-grade Heat Exchanger and custom water fittings

Name:  phNnx.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  163.3 KB

OEM Bosch water pump w/ Custom VF bracket

Attached Images       

Last edited by VF Engineering; 01-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:20 PM
dwdwdwwd will become famous soon enough
Looks awesome. Is there anyway to get TUV for those parts/kit?

Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Hyperseven is on a distinguished road
Anyone interested in a group buy?

Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
I have the VF Kit with the V3 S/C brought from Vivid ~ 2 yrs ago. Is there an upgrade to the VF510 version for a nominal price? I suppose your power was achieved via ECU reprograming and a smaller pulley? Possibly a resistor change as well?

Old 11-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor
VF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the rough
Make it happen guys. We'll let Vivid Racing know!

Originally Posted by Hyperseven
Anyone interested in a group buy?

PM sent.

Originally Posted by 808c2s
I have the VF Kit with the V3 S/C brought from Vivid ~ 2 yrs ago. Is there an upgrade to the VF510 version for a nominal price? I suppose your power was achieved via ECU reprograming and a smaller pulley? Possibly a resistor change as well?

Old 11-02-2012, 01:35 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
New Special Price released - $8000 shipped!
Is this what your talking? Or would the group buy take it lower?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor
It would all depend on how many of you guys are really interested and what Vivid Racing would like to do.

I've been getting some PM's about it and I've contacted Vivid. We'll see what we can do.

Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Is this what your talking? Or would the group buy take it lower?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:12 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VF Engineering
It would all depend on how many of you guys are really interested and what Vivid Racing would like to do.

I've been getting some PM's about it and I've contacted Vivid. We'll see what we can do.
I'm sorry! I thought you were the same company!

Old 11-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
No worries, we design and manufacture the superchargers
http://vf-engineering.com/

Vivid Racing is one of our biggest Dealers/Resellers, and therefore, offer the best pricing.

Originally Posted by DoninDEN
I'm sorry! I thought you were the same company!

Old 11-02-2012, 04:23 PM
saint828 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VF Engineering
No worries, we design and manufacture the superchargers
http://vf-engineering.com/

Vivid Racing is one of our biggest Dealers/Resellers, and therefore, offer the best pricing.
Im interested but I want to deal directly with you guys ... BEST PRICING ...

Old 11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor
Anyone who purchases a VF product has the ability to contact us directly with questions about the supercharger kit itself. We are always available by phone or email to contact directly if needed. All supercharger kits are built by VF.

We advise purchasing the kit with whoever you feel most comfortable with, but of course, Best pricing is available through our Trusted Dealers.

Originally Posted by saint828
Im interested but I want to deal directly with you guys ... BEST PRICING ...

Last edited by VF Engineering; 11-02-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor
You ask, and you shall receive....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...group-buy.html

Now is the time guys!! The number of kits is cumulative for both 997's and 996's so tell your friends and it doesn't matter if they order a 997 or 996 supercharger kit. They will all add up to push it to the higher tier discount!!

Last edited by VF Engineering; 11-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
997 3.8's all over our production board right now!

Add yours to the Vivid Group Buy today!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Will this kit fit with the slightly different intake plenum, etc of the GTS?

Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mseligson
Will this kit fit with the slightly different intake plenum, etc of the GTS?

We've never tested or had any direct experience with any modified/aftermarket intake plenums, but many of our past clients have had success installing our 996 and 997 kits with various plenums in the past. (ie.- IPD plenums) and some have even seen gains. Again, we've never done our own testing because we design all our kits for 100% stock cars, but we have heard from others that it does work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: \ New from VF: 510hp 997S 3.8L /