6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   Iforged Wheels Back- Still Not Resolved (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/107737-iforged-wheels-back-still-not-resolved.html)

jreeves197 11-27-2007 02:34 PM

Iforged Wheels Back- Still Not Resolved

Ok, I have my wheels back Iforged and I will be sending them to Peter at wheel experts. He has offered to look at them and try to figure out what the problem is before I spend another 400-500 remounting,balancing, and new alignment.. I will keep you guys posted as to what he finds out.. Almost a year and still no new wheels. Not cool.

ArcticBoost 11-27-2007 04:10 PM

Sounds like a mess. Throughout the bunch of forums I'm on, I've been hearing more and more horror stories about iForged wheels.

Good luck, keep us posted.

RWDRIFTC2 11-27-2007 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by jreeves197 (Post 1487002)
Ok, I have my wheels back Iforged and I will be sending them to Peter at wheel experts. He has offered to look at them and try to figure out what the problem is before I spend another 400-500 remounting,balancing, and new alignment.. I will keep you guys posted as to what he finds out.. Almost a year and still no new wheels. Not cool.

There was nothing wrong with jreeves197 wheels. The wheels were called backed to the manufacture to check the specs per his recommendations. All wheels were checked and nothing was wrong with them. We sent him a video of all three wheels on the machine and they were in spec. Sounds like a mounting issue.

ol'school 11-27-2007 04:48 PM

That sucks.

B-moreBroker 11-28-2007 03:03 PM

whats wrong with the wheels?

jreeves197 11-28-2007 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by RWDRIFTC2 (Post 1487288)
There was nothing wrong with jreeves197 wheels. The wheels were called backed to the manufacture to check the specs per his recommendations. All wheels were checked and nothing was wrong with them. We sent him a video of all three wheels on the machine and they were in spec. Sounds like a mounting issue.

We have discussed this over the phone, when I put your wheels on I have a vibration. When I put on my oem wheels I don't. No matter what your machine says If the Porsche dealer says they are bad and Two other wheel shops say that then I would have to be inclined to believe them. Why the hell would I want to go through this mess if nothing was wrong.. I will have to get someone else to tell me what the problem is and then I will tell you guys so you can try and fix them. Its like having a hot girlfriend and she dosen't put out.. The wheels look great but I cant use them.

B-moreBroker 11-28-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by jreeves197 (Post 1490124)
We have discussed this over the phone, when I put your wheels on I have a vibration. When I put on my oem wheels I don't. No matter what your machine says If the Porsche dealer says they are bad and Two other wheel shops say that then I would have to be inclined to believe them. Why the hell would I want to go through this mess if nothing was wrong.. I will have to get someone else to tell me what the problem is and then I will tell you guys so you can try and fix them. Its like having a hot girlfriend and she dosen't put out.. The wheels look great but I cant use them.

Dude I have the same exact problem with my 20" black i-forged Daytonas... Had to take them off because of the vibrations... they don't seem to fit on correctly...How are you solving the problem?

jreeves197 11-28-2007 04:53 PM

Peter at wheel experts is checking them out. Hopefully he can tell me whats wrong.. I am having a pulsating vibration and it eventually ruins my rear tires.. How long have you had yours??

B-moreBroker 11-28-2007 04:56 PM

I bought them from Eurorev in '04 when I bought my car... they vibrated the first time I put them on and continued to do so for a week... they have been sitting in my buddy's garage for 3 yrs as I don't have time to deal with that... moved to a set of F110's for the track but I would love to have the I-forges work for the street...

jreeves197 11-28-2007 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by B-moreBroker (Post 1490162)
I bought them from Eurorev in '04 when I bought my car... they vibrated the first time I put them on and continued to do so for a week... they have been sitting in my buddy's garage for 3 yrs as I don't have time to deal with that... moved to a set of F110's for the track but I would love to have the I-forges work for the street...

Thats bs, did you talk to Iforged??? What did they say?? All I get from them is everything is fine with the wheels and every tire shop in the country is balancing them wrong... Including the dealer.

B-moreBroker 11-28-2007 05:02 PM

Are yours 20" wheels? I'm sure we have the same problem... let me know if he is able to fix it so I can send mine!

jreeves197 11-28-2007 05:08 PM

Mine are 19" senakas.. I am so RELIEVED to know someone else has the same problem(RWDRIFTC2) hope you are reading this!! YOU GUYS NEED TO FIGURE IT OUT!!!! For $5,000 I shouldn't have a problem.. This really pisses me off!!

B-moreBroker 11-28-2007 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jreeves197 (Post 1490202)
Mine are 19" senakas.. I am so RELIEVED to know someone else has the same problem(RWDRIFTC2) hope you are reading this!! YOU GUYS NEED TO FIGURE IT OUT!!!! For $5,000 I shouldn't have a problem.. This really pisses me off!!

I paid $4500 for mine... lets get this fixed! You got me fired up now!

B-moreBroker 11-28-2007 05:13 PM

Is RWDRIFT an I-forged rep?

jreeves197 11-28-2007 05:16 PM

They have a lot of people complaining and I am shocked they aren't trying to fix their quality problem.. The same wheel shop I bought mine through had another customer bring some in to be mounted and they were leaking air!! Iforged said to pound sand and the tire shop had to reseal the wheels to fix it!! My hand is shaking I am so mad right now!