997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I looked at used listings for my area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:56 AM
paulbluemaxx is on a distinguished road
Ah, you speak very wisely!! I've found time and time again that one should buy the very best one can afford, otherwise you'll live to regret it. This goes for cars, watches, hi-fi equipment, just about anything!

I'd like to check out Fastlane's car, it does sound a very nice option.

I'm also thinking over trying to get an 08 C2S for under 80K. I'm thinking that 10K extra for a new 08 is worth the premium over a 06. I think you said the same thing on this thread earlier - it makes sense to me.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by paulbluemaxx
Ah, you speak very wisely!! I've found time and time again that one should buy the very best one can afford, otherwise you'll live to regret it. This goes for cars, watches, hi-fi equipment, just about anything!

I'd like to check out Fastlane's car, it does sound a very nice option.

I'm also thinking over trying to get an 08 C2S for under 80K. I'm thinking that 10K extra for a new 08 is worth the premium over a 06. I think you said the same thing on this thread earlier - it makes sense to me.
Every time I ever looked at used cars I found the price was close enough to new car pricing to make the stretch . Recently there was a drop in the Turbo market and even though I bought mine new I did see some great deals .

My interest in watching the market pertains mostly to my car's value and since I like both the 997S and 997tt I have watched both go up and down since the mid 90's when I bought my first 911 Porsche.

Keep in mind that it's easier to shop in yoir own neighborhood than to buy a car 2000 miles away but what I have found that sometimes calling dealerships 2 to 3 hours away and requesting that they make the drive worthwhile helps . In fact not only might you get a better deal but when your local dealership sees that you have bought cars somewhere else they ask and with time and lost sales they end up giving you the best price .They see that you are a serious car shopper and mutual respect develops .

Old 08-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm leaning more and more to a new model now as well.

I'll upped the ante to a 2008 C2S, but I'm also tempted to order a 2009 C2. Given the improvements, the 2009's are very compelling, but I cannot afford a 2009 C2S.

The 2008's are great deals right now, but I agree with what you said earlier. Once the 09's hit, the 08's and other 997s will probably take a hit. The 09's give you so much more for not much more money IMO.

Another plus for the 2009's is that I can order the EXACT options I want rather than paying for something I don't need or not getting something I would really like.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You have to wait unless you stumble into a car with the bells and whistles which you want .

At that 75K mark --it's so important to get it right but time is on your side . The 08's have nowhere to go but down and even the 09's -- after all the gotta have its buy in then they will face discounts .

In the meantime isn't the money better off in your pocket ? Waiting is not always a bad thing.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
You give very good advice. The money is nice in my pocket but it's also buring a hole! I need a car by mid-Movember at the latest so can afford to wait for a little while.

Regarding the 08's - my color combo seems impossible to find (Meteor Grey/Sand Beige), and I'm thinking the only way to get just what I want is to go pre-order on a 2009. It's a shame that I'll be getting a C2 (albeit new 09) rather than a 08 C2S, which is basically a year old, but I think that the upgrades on the 2009's are very compelling.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:48 PM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by paulbluemaxx
I'm leaning more and more to a new model now as well.

I'll upped the ante to a 2008 C2S, but I'm also tempted to order a 2009 C2. Given the improvements, the 2009's are very compelling, but I cannot afford a 2009 C2S.

The 2008's are great deals right now, but I agree with what you said earlier. Once the 09's hit, the 08's and other 997s will probably take a hit. The 09's give you so much more for not much more money IMO.

Another plus for the 2009's is that I can order the EXACT options I want rather than paying for something I don't need or not getting something I would really like.
I couldn't agree with you more. I think Porsche really upped the ante with the 09s. I think they are worth the extra money vs a new 08 with the discount.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:42 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Either way you are going to get a great car. Good Luck.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Teddy is on a distinguished road
Yeah... I can wait a bit... but" money in my pocket" can be bad!!! I saw an 08 GT3 in a color I like... VERY tempting
Thanks for the advice guys

Old 08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by yrralis1
You have to wait unless you stumble into a car with the bells and whistles which you want .

At that 75K mark --it's so important to get it right but time is on your side . The 08's have nowhere to go but down and even the 09's -- after all the gotta have its buy in then they will face discounts .

In the meantime isn't the money better off in your pocket ? Waiting is not always a bad thing.
YRRALIS, I have been reading your responses on this post and really am impressed with your point of view on this board. So, if you could give me you opinon, that would be great. Looking at a 2006,C4S Cab, Silver,tip,bose full leather, chrono which has 6400 miles on it. What would be a good price in your opinion from a private seller?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by NYCPCAR; 08-15-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
YRRALIS, I have been reading your responses on this post and really am impressed with your point of view on this board. So, if you could give me you opinon, that would be great. Looking at a 2006,C4S Cab, Silver,tip,bose full leather, chrono which has 6400 miles on it. What would be a good price in your opinion from a private seller?
Thanks in advance!

This is not an easy car to select mostly because its rare . Since I am not too familiar with AWD cabs I am left speculating. I have seen them new -- it sells for near Turbo territory . Im guessing an 06 with low miles will pit the seller wanting low 80's with an ask price above that but its really worth in the mid to upper 70's .

So lets average it with me guessing their and your target closing price .
(82+77) / 2 --lol = 79.5

Old 09-10-2018, 04:52 PM
air993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are the wheels on the cargurus site mismatched? It looks like the fronts are pointed one way and the rears are the other way. Looks like wheels in the front (or back) need to swap sides and the tires need to be swapped/turned.