997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

May have to switch from t4 to C2S, thoughts on switch and color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:33 PM
casaforte9 is on a distinguished road
May have to switch from t4 to C2S, thoughts on switch and color

Hi
Apparantely Targa allocations are getting rare , so dealer suggested if I would take a c2s allocation instead, C2 was my second choice so may consider it
So i am redoing the options ,color etc again, thinking
1) Carerra white C2S PDK
2) Black full leather with Adaptive seats
3) Rear center console-exterior white color
4) Arm rest in Alcantara
5) Sport chrono, Heated seats and wheel, dimming lights, multi finction pdk wheel, XM, Nav, blutettooth

Saw a white gt3 with black full leather sport seats and rear console in white so I am thinking of doing the same color on c2s

Old 02-21-2009, 12:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I have to say I really do prefer the 2WD over AWD but you just need to drive them both. Not sure if you want a "fun" weekend car or a daily driver. The GT3 is a fantastic car but requires more effort and attention than a PDK car. It also has that peach of an engine.. Hard choice indeed.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Alex,
I am only considering C2S PDk and the color / interior choices I have selected are from a GT3 car on the showroom floor

Old 02-21-2009, 01:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by casaforte9
Alex,
I am only considering C2S PDk and the color / interior choices I have selected are from a GT3 car on the showroom floor
Which color and options? Our 09pdk car makes for a really good daily driver I must say...

Old 02-21-2009, 01:59 PM
) Carerra white C2S PDK
4) Arm rest in Alcantara
5) Sport chrono, Heated seats and wheel, dimming lights, multi finction pdk wheel, XM, Nav, blutettooth

Old 02-21-2009, 02:04 PM
) Carerra white C2S PDK
4) Arm rest in Alcantara
Ok good lineup but make sure they give you a good discount

Old 02-21-2009, 02:31 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Wink Targas Available

We had a tech session today at Carosuel Porsche: http://carousel.porschedealer.com/ here in Minneapolis and they have two new targas on the floor.
I think if your sales person does a locator search you might find one to your liking.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:34 PM
My salesperson did a search but the issue being none of the targa cars have my must haves which are Meteor/white , PDK with Sport chorno and Adpatve seats /sport seats

Old 02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
that would suck to want a targa and settle for something else. i hate settling. are you sure you want to?

Old 02-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Loved the targa but when i drove it gainst a convertible I then realized how open the conv feels so the targa gives some openess but not a lot, so I was wondering if I would be disatisifeid on a long term with what the targa provides especially for the premium it commands ( 8k and 6k for awd which i do not need ) so for a price of T4 I can get a C2 s with full leather (

So i a m considering the c2 s also now

Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Loved the targa but when i drove it gainst a convertible I then realized how open the conv feels so the targa gives some openess but not a lot, so I was wondering if I would be disatisifeid on a long term with what the targa provides especially for the premium it commands ( 8k and 6k for awd which i do not need ) so for a price of T4 I can get a C2 s with full leather (

So i a m considering the c2 s also now
You are in the right car with nice options . You could throw some stitching on those seats but its not necessary . I don;t have it on minev but my car was bought off the showroom floor . Look at this white car's interior with red stitching even on the steering wheel Looks nice . You can choose other colors too. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ara-white.html

Old 02-21-2009, 10:53 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I agree, the deviating stitching, especially on black full leather, adds a wonderful touch. How much is the deviating stitching option?

Old 02-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I agree, the deviating stitching, especially on black full leather, adds a wonderful touch. How much is the deviating stitching option?

the seats are about $1,500 and it is about $300 per other item; eg $300 for the door handles; $300 for the centre console etc etc

Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Hi
Apparantely Targa allocations are getting rare , so dealer suggested if I would take a c2s allocation instead, C2 was my second choice so may consider it
So i am redoing the options ,color etc again, thinking
1) Carerra white C2S PDK
4) Arm rest in Alcantara

Saw a white gt3 with black full leather sport seats and rear console in white so I am thinking of doing the same color on c2s

i tested a boxster last year for a few days and it was white with the white centre console,i really liked it.

sport seats?
carbon package - pretty cheap and takes away some of that plain trim?
crested headrests?

Old 02-22-2009, 07:01 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Since Casaforte9 is picking out white with black interior the stiching will already be in a very light grayish white and going with full white sticking will not be all that noticable. If he picked out red or yellow and did deviated stiching in red or yellow to match the car color then those color would really make the interior pop.

I have a guards red and wanted deviated stiching on the sport seats door handle and e-brake but I was told I needed to do full leather interior to have this done so I passed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: May have to switch from t4 to C2S, thoughts on switch and color