997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Will Wide body wheel fit on a narrow body?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 PM
bjandeleit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bara
to answer your question, yes, the stock WB wheels fit the NB BUT, the car has to be lowered or it will look like its sticking way out.

the stock GT3 wheel sticks out 12mm past the stock NB wheel. GT3's also run a 5mm spacer in the rear for a total of 17mm past the NB wheel. lowered to GT3 spec, it looks perfect and aggressive.

your specs above wont work. most after market WB wheels are set aggressive for the WB

below is gt3 wheels, lowered to gt3 spec, w/ 5mm spacers in rear

Hi Bara:
Thanks for the informative and substantiated answers to the original posters questions. I believe that you provided valuable insight into a popular question.

BTW: The looks of your car are about as good as it can get. Absolutely beautiful! Although I do not drive a P-car yet, this is exactly how I spected a virtual 997 for hundred of times in my mind: low stance, GT3 wheels, artic silver. Personally, I also could very much imagine the car in guards red. A picture says more than 1,000 words, so please do not hesitate to share one or two more of your car.

Thanks again, bjandeleit.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Will the 51mm offset GT3 wheels fit a NB? I have heard now conflicting opinions. I saw a post where someone fitted his 12" wide BBS wheels with a 51mm offset on a NB with 305's with no issues. Bara, what do you think. I love the "to the edge look".

Dave

Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bjandeleit
Hi Bara:
Thanks for the informative and substantiated answers to the original posters questions. I believe that you provided valuable insight into a popular question.

BTW: The looks of your car are about as good as it can get. Absolutely beautiful! Although I do not drive a P-car yet, this is exactly how I spected a virtual 997 for hundred of times in my mind: low stance, GT3 wheels, artic silver. Personally, I also could very much imagine the car in guards red. A picture says more than 1,000 words, so please do not hesitate to share one or two more of your car.

Thanks again, bjandeleit.
thanks brutha. here are a few more pics from a recent cruise. BTW, car is going in to get a full GT3 body treatment next week. front bumper, rear bumper, carbon fiber gt3 wing. i will have a big thread about it and am going to post a blow by blow of the paint and install. stay tuned!

Last edited by Bara; 06-18-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Will the 51mm offset GT3 wheels fit a NB? I have heard now conflicting opinions. I saw a post where someone fitted his 12" wide BBS wheels with a 51mm offset on a NB with 305's with no issues. Bara, what do you think. I love the "to the edge look".

Dave
NO. remember, offset is only relevant if you know the wheel width. a 51mm offset 11" wheel will not fit the same as a 51mm 12".

the GT3 wheel is a 68mm offset and with the 5mm spacer which is optional to use, it becomes a 63mm offset.

the 51 mm offset is a GT3 RS wheel for obviously the widebody GT3 RS. it will bolt up to a gt3 but stick out about 1/2" outside of the body work.

a 12 with a 63 offset is right on the edge as you can see in my photos. what do you think its going to look like if you bring it out another 12mm?

whoever said they have a NB with a 51mm 12" wide and its working is blowing smoke.

Alan informed me that the reason there is a 5mm spacer on the gt3's (when they could have built the correct offset into the wheel) is because japan bound GT3's need a wheel that tucks in a bit more to meet their dot rules. all other gt3's get the 5mm spacer to get the max allowable aggressive offset. i chose to run the spacer to bring the wheel out to US spec gt3's because i think it looks meaner but you could leave that out if you wish.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bara
NO. remember, offset is only relevant if you know the wheel width. a 51mm offset 11" wheel will not fit the same as a 51mm 12".

the GT3 wheel is a 68mm offset and with the 5mm spacer which is optional to use, it becomes a 63mm offset.

the 51 mm offset is a GT3 RS wheel for obviously the widebody GT3 RS. it will bolt up to a gt3 but stick out about 1/2" outside of the body work.

a 12 with a 63 offset is right on the edge as you can see in my photos. what do you think its going to look like if you bring it out another 12mm?

whoever said they have a NB with a 51mm 12" wide and its working is blowing smoke.

Alan informed me that the reason there is a 5mm spacer on the gt3's (when they could have built the correct offset into the wheel) is because japan bound GT3's need a wheel that tucks in a bit more to meet their dot rules. all other gt3's get the 5mm spacer to get the max allowable aggressive offset. i chose to run the spacer to bring the wheel out to US spec gt3's because i think it looks meaner but you could leave that out if you wish.

Thanks big guy...love the look of the GT3 wheels on your car. These are my favorite wheels including the aftermarket. Did the weight bother you or did you notice the added weight of these wheels?

Dave

Old 06-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Jetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the rough
Bara -

I can't wait to see pictures of your ride with all the treatments. If i like the way it works and looks...maybe we can get a 2fer on a deal with your guy???

Call me on the number I PM'd with last week to discuss.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
997TT wheels on C2S that i just did

Old 06-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Thanks big guy...love the look of the GT3 wheels on your car. These are my favorite wheels including the aftermarket. Did the weight bother you or did you notice the added weight of these wheels?

Dave
not at all. too light of a wheel may not be a good idea for the street as you start to give up strenght. i didnt notice any difference in performance and i know these wheels are built like a brickhouse

Originally Posted by Jetpilot
Bara -

I can't wait to see pictures of your ride with all the treatments. If i like the way it works and looks...maybe we can get a 2fer on a deal with your guy???

Call me on the number I PM'd with last week to discuss.
will do this weekend

Old 09-26-2017, 05:11 PM
8202632 is on a distinguished road
what size tires are yall running with the lobster fork 18s? I have a 997.2s and have the wide body offset wheels in 18 inch for the track and want to know the widest I can go front and back. Thanks!