6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   Just got screwed by Champion Porsche (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/189897-just-got-screwed-champion-porsche.html)

jjparkusa 10-22-2009 01:02 PM

Just got screwed by Champion Porsche

Found an 09 C4S, made a deposit, received the purchase agreement, faxed over all of my paper work. They just emailed me and said sorry owner wants $2k more because they just realized they had lo-jack installed on it! I know these guys filed for bankruptcy earlier this year but with practices like this, they are not going to do much better.

Fahrer 10-22-2009 01:32 PM

Take your money somewhere else!

808c2s 10-22-2009 01:38 PM

Hehehe, amazing at the excuses they gave you :rolleyes:. Show them your appreciation of their last minute update by taking your business somewhere else.

GT3 Chuck 10-22-2009 01:41 PM

they did you a favor...who knows what else they "forgot" to tell you

rvhpno80 10-22-2009 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by VSE Chuck (Post 2589471)
they did you a favor...who knows what else they "forgot" to tell you

Definitely take your business, elsewhere, you dont need that, especially when you are spending over 80 to 100 grand:eek:,please, i would tell him to take that mess off if you. Also with lo jack they dont tell you where it is, so in all actuality you dont know if you have it or not, with out doing your research and calling lo jack to confirm that this is actually on your car. Please keep us posted, I would like to know what happens.....Good luck

NorthVan 10-22-2009 02:29 PM

I have been dealt with like this in the past. Tell them to take the Lo Jack out, and tell them that you will enforce the agreement through the courts.

wa1l1in 10-22-2009 02:31 PM

so many other dealers that would give you a better deal anyways. buying in florida is just silly..

call around in Ohio or Tennessee, they will appreciate every dime and treat you like a god.. a member here or might have been another site just bought a car from knoxville dealer and said it was the best experience he's had.. i have a friend who bought a car from ohio dealer and said the same..

i looked around at florida dealers and got nothing but high prices and lack of customer service.

-alex

T33 10-22-2009 03:06 PM

Take your business somewhere else. I'm sure you'll find a better car and better service somewhere else. If they are screwing you now, they will screw you again later down the road.

zschicago 10-22-2009 03:08 PM

try Suncoast. They were outstanding for me.

AlexM 10-22-2009 03:14 PM

I had a similar issue happen with one of SoCal dealers... They offered me a new turbo at 24k off and 1.9%. The numbers were triple checked, approved and it was a done deal. When it came to signing the purchase agreement, they realized that they had made an oopsy and the 1.9% thing is off the plate -- it was very quietly swapped for 5.95 or something.

Anyway, the runner up choice had all the same colors and options (less the voice control) and since the dealer was honest and upfront, I didn't mind paying a few extra grand to them. At the end, both parties won and it was a pleasant experience for all. The sales guy keeps emailing and checking on how the "baby" is doing... and I never even met him.

I realize these could be hard times for them but I cannot overstress the importance of integrity when dealing with people writing 6-figure checks for things they don't need.

Go buy it from somebody who is worthy of your business.

iJeremy 10-22-2009 03:15 PM

Yup... Walk away. You could probably get the car at the agreed upon price with enough fuss, but at the end of the day they would still be getting your money. Take your purchase somewhere else where you'll be treated like a customer, not like you're lucky THEY are LETTING you buy the car...

Sorry for the headache.

Xbox 10-22-2009 03:36 PM

I am surprised they can still do that to you especially after you have put in the deposit.

Similar thing happened to me before. Saw a car on eBay, called them to negotiate a better deal and got it and then both party signed the purchase agreement. It was late so they didn't bother taking down the eBay listing. By next morning, someone had paid the eBay price which was $3k over what we agreed on. They said they had to sell it to the eBay guy.

I talked to my lawyer who said that the purchase agreement is not binding if I didn't put any deposit down. If I had just paypaled $1 over to them the minute we signed the contract, then I'd be protected. So I am surprised in your case that you are not protected.

rockstardoc 10-22-2009 03:45 PM

Poor practice by Champion Porsche

That's unfortunate to hear. I agree with all the above here. Go somewhere else. Word of mouth goes a long way on these forums and thanks for sharing your experience. If they wanted to keep their integrity, they should have informed you that LoJack is in place and you can have the option to have it removed to purchase the car at the current agreed price or give you the option to leave it in and purchase the LoJack for the additional fee.

A big thumbs down to Champion Porsche. I'm sure you can find the same deal or better elsewhere.

997FL 10-22-2009 03:47 PM

You can also try Dustin Smith @ Gossett Porsche in Memphis. We have bought a lot of cars from him in the past and have nothing but excellent things to say.

wa1l1in 10-22-2009 03:49 PM

imagine they do this all the time and most people dont care enough to ***** because they like to "keep up appearances" i.e. dont wanna ***** about 2k and act like they have all the money in the world.

i have a friend that would drop an extra 10k if they asked just so he wouldnt look cheap asking them why..LMAO