997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Texas Toast! 2005 Carrera S arrives at SharkWerks for surgery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 01:13 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
The car looks great, I really like Midnight Blue It looks stock, but yet different. The Bilsteins change the look of the car completely.

Did you dyno the car?

Old 11-15-2009, 01:22 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Saw this on Rennlist too. Same observations in that the RMS looks like its leaking - I would sure be fixing that before I would change the suspension. And the tranny looks clean enough to eat off - looks new, kinda weird.
Great job with the paint. Just goes to show that seemingly hopeless finishes can be save with the right work.
check that tranny is right.... it looked at first like the guy b4 really didn't care about the car, but it look immaculate since you got your hands on it....he should have added on the 3m or ventura bra, if he was doing a 2000 mile run with his car back home, he is going to need a full paint job, by the time he gets home....

Old 11-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Banned
Luca Brazzi will become famous soon enough
Great thread, when you guys opening up on the east coast? I have a worls of mods in mind that I will be starting in the spring.
What are the approx tq and hp gains from the exhaust mods you did from the headers out?

Old 11-15-2009, 09:06 AM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sharkster

Cleaning the wheel wheels:

Is that steam being used ??

w

Old 11-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Great transformation. Why no sport cats? The stock ones are boat anchors.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:56 PM
motosport3 will become famous soon enoughmotosport3 will become famous soon enough
Amazing work!

Old 11-20-2009, 05:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by motosport3
Amazing work!
Danke!
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Great transformation. Why no sport cats? The stock ones are boat anchors.
Thanks man... and we're not super-keen on high-flow cats on the NA cars. A lot of folks here do extensive track work and end up with CELs and blown-out cats so we stay away
Originally Posted by Luca Brazzi
Great thread, when you guys opening up on the east coast? I have a worls of mods in mind that I will be starting in the spring.
What are the approx tq and hp gains from the exhaust mods you did from the headers out?
Hehe thanks Luca... you'll get about 15hp or so from the exhaust mods.

Originally Posted by rvhpno80
check that tranny is right.... it looked at first like the guy b4 really didn't care about the car, but it look immaculate since you got your hands on it....he should have added on the 3m or ventura bra, if he was doing a 2000 mile run with his car back home, he is going to need a full paint job, by the time he gets home....
I think premier will be doing that stuff on the car for sure

Originally Posted by sin911
The car looks great, I really like Midnight Blue It looks stock, but yet different. The Bilsteins change the look of the car completely.

Did you dyno the car?
Same the color pops when you finally get to it No dyno on this one;(

Originally Posted by anthony
That color is absolutely stunning when it's not full of swirls! Great work. I may have missed it, but which SSK was installed?
The B&M unit was used and thanks!

Originally Posted by stevepow
Oh, that's a happy ending...and he had the good taste to keep the lobsters - perfect - beautiful.
Actually ended up good I agree Never usually like them but the car came out nice

Originally Posted by ryem3
Saw this on Rennlist too. Same observations in that the RMS looks like its leaking - I would sure be fixing that before I would change the suspension. And the tranny looks clean enough to eat off - looks new, kinda weird.
Great job with the paint. Just goes to show that seemingly hopeless finishes can be save with the right work.
LWF is on order and will be done under warranty with the RMS

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Another SharkWerks stunner. Awesome job.

Tell the owner I can get a nice Lapis rear console to break up the blah inside.

Good job guys. Wish you were here.....
Thanks mate... too kind! You're right I should have gotten that center console... Hmm!

Originally Posted by steve k
I love these threads!

Great work and thanks for the pics.
My pleasure and glad you like it

Originally Posted by PT Doc
Its fun to read this type of before and after transformation with great photos. Thanks
Thanks PT Doc... It's a lot of fun seeing what comes in vs what comes out. We have a lot of help from really good people (not to mention you folks keep us on our toes!).

Originally Posted by henrysko
Remarkable transformation and attention to detail.

Well done!
Danke!

Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
Alex & The Boys,
Great build bud and keep up the good work.

RS1 Crew
Thanks RS1-fellas!

Originally Posted by MIKCOB
Thanks for sharing...! Good job guys..!
Our pelasure...

Originally Posted by marc2828
Really nice job!
Thanks marc....

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Nice work guys! I am sure the new owner will love the work that you guys did.
Cheers Ed.. he's having fun Not done yet hehe...

Originally Posted by buckwheat986
great work....

thanks for all the photos
My pleasure and thanks...

Originally Posted by Rodsky
Awesome - thanks for sharing - great job..
Anytime

Old 11-20-2009, 06:12 PM
UNC911 will become famous soon enoughUNC911 will become famous soon enough
WOW what a difference... I am also curious about an East Coast opening!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UNC911
WOW what a difference... I am also curious about an East Coast opening!!!
Thank you- too kind if it wasn't so cold out there... Having come from London/England, I've gotten spoiled in California

Old 11-21-2009, 10:49 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Awesome work as usual, Alex!

Old 11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by synergy
Awesome work as usual, Alex!
Thanks Chris!