997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

A Fremont California Porsche Dealer Anger Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I just wonder - is it a singe available dealership in your area? If so it is sad, but if it not - why to bother? I found great place here in MA - just got water pump replaced there no questions asked, service manager Sean McGuire is a great person, and overall experience was very positive every time I was there.
It`s Prime Porsche in Westwood, to be specific.

My point is - I had bad experience with 2 other dealers in my area and then came to this place. Try to find alternative ways if it didn`t work out in first place, why to torture yourself?
This dealership was where I bought the car and it was a certified pre-owned car, so I wanted them to fix the problem. I intend to go to a dealership closer to where I live from now on. I live in San Mateo, CA and there is Rector Porsche in Burlingame and Carlsen in Redwood City.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:14 PM
cb333 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
This dealership was where I bought the car and it was a certified pre-owned car, so I wanted them to fix the problem. I intend to go to a dealership closer to where I live from now on. I live in San Mateo, CA and there is Rector Porsche in Burlingame and Carlsen in Redwood City.
OP you said you traded your M3 vert at fremont porsche, was it a E46 silver with black top and only has ~44k miles on it ?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:17 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cb333
OP you said you traded your M3 vert at fremont porsche, was it a E46 silver with black top and only has ~44k miles on it ?
No, 2005 vert, triple black, 34k

Old 01-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
No, 2005 vert, triple black, 34k

ok coz I was there during dec. looking for a car and saw a silver vert.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by cb333
ok coz I was there during dec. looking for a car and saw a silver vert.
I didn't trade my car in until Dec. 22nd and I haven't seen it listed yet, so maybe they just auctioned it. It was a waste if they did because it was mint. Next time, I'm going to at least try to sell a car on my own.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 PM
GTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura about
sorry to hear

I can only speak from my own experience. First time dealing with Fletcher Jones Porsche or Mercedes. Normally I get my mercedes from alex livadas who used to work for house of imports but moved to fletcher. I've also purchased several mercedes from Smythe.

I called Alex ... let him know I wanted to look at a 2010 porsche turbo at fletcher in Fremont. He set up the time for me to go take a look. I went in with a friend (wearing a sweatshirt and jeans) and the sales person was professional and was able to answer all of my questions. He then asked me if I would like to take it for a test drive. He took a photocopy of my license and threw me the keys so me and my buddy could go drive it.

The GM was friendly and knowledgeable and didn't bother to hassle me on the price. They had a new finance person who some how had the money factor slightly off. The GM came and fixed it himself.

Btw the GM didn't waste my time ... took the car himself to get cleaned up and made sure to come by to say thanks after I finished the financial transaction.

For me this was one of the quickest and painless transactions I've had buying a car.

As to service, I have no experience with fletcher. They did mention that they do pick up and deliver service if I need it.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:13 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I'm not a huge fan of Fremont either, I do all my business and servive at Carlsen who takes care of me!!

Old 01-30-2010, 10:58 AM
GTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura about
all in the area

Those of you in the bay area getting service at your favorite place, could you please pm the names of your service advisors and also the mechanic you work with?

I've found having a great service advisor and mechanic can make all the difference.

Since I just got my car, I'd appreciate some advice.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I was pulled over again today as I was driving to the police station to have my tinted window ticket signed off (after having my tint removed that was on from dealer). I was pulled over yet again for not having plates (still have the temp 2 months after purchase). I found out after talking to the GM that they messed up and they have to now re-request tags for my car. I tell you, my trouble with this dealer never ends it seems. I can't wait to receive my tags and never have to deal with them again.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:02 PM
06997C2S is on a distinguished road
i dropped by last weekend to check out the Mexico Blue.. its a pretty dealer but people were cold!

Old 02-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by 06997C2S
i dropped by last weekend to check out the Mexico Blue.. its a pretty dealer but people were cold!
i can def. felt the icy-ness there during my visit, esp after I've visited Carlsen for a test drive. I had a great talk with the salesman Doug at Carlsen , he knows a lot about the car, and have a sense of humor.

the sales i've spoken with at fremont was in his mid-50s I think and he's your typical "seasoned" salesman , using oldschool tactics (for e.g , "no I won't tell you the price, you tell me how much are you willing to spend"). I knew it was going nowhere but I played nice and finished the talk anyway.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Jim 'n' SC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by djantlive
That's unfortunate. I only been to the dealer once a few years ago and yes, they are unknowledgeable. They pretty much are all that way in my experience. They just want to sell you something.

About the battery, you bought it used right? There is no warranty on battery. If it was questionable, you should get a due bill from them so they are liable for replacement. Worst case, get a replacement one from Walmart for $70 and it's not hard to put it in.
My battery was replaced under warranty.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
It just depends on who you get at what dealer. I have bought from Freemont for an AMG (as I said before) and a GT3 from Carlsen. Even as a previous buyer they didnt seem interested about when I wanted to sell my AMG for a PDK C2S.
Adias is a VERY knowledgeable Porsche guy and is NOT affiliated with any dealer.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:46 PM
pureretro is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have test driven on a few occasions and went back to a sales person named Terry Toledo since we hooked up on my first visit. Completely stand up guy, knows his stuff, and impressed upon me as a true enthusiast.

Maybe it was because I went in ready to buy, strutting with confidence, had the right aura...even though I drove my wife's 15 yr old BMW there.

If I had to buy a Porsche again, it'd be a tough call between Terry Toledo at Fremont and Jeff Harley at Sonnen.

The GM is probably a better manager than a sales person.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:25 PM
I started this thread a long time ago when I bought my C2S and I had people disagree with me. I wanted to add something I found out 4 years later about my car I bought at Fletcher Jones Porsche in Fremont CA to provide further proof that they suck. I turned my C2S in on a 997.2 Turbo Convertible last Saturday and they asked me about my missing windscreen (I had to purchase on my own when I bought the C2S and I had no idea the car should come with it), tow hook and compressor. I realized the tow hook and compressor were missing when I moved to NJ in February 2011 as the car carrier company needed the tow hook. All of these items were missing from a 2008 CPO Carrera 2 S I bought in 12/2009 from this dealer. I'm glad I don't live out there any longer, but this is the final thought on that subject proving at least in my case, it was a terrible experience from start to finish. I'm unsubscribing from this thread.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 04-01-2014 at 03:01 PM.