997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Has anyone ever had a problem/replaced the LCD crystals in the main display?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Has anyone ever had a problem/replaced the LCD crystals in the main display?

I have an 09' 997.2 C2.

Right where the "h" is in mp/h on my center main display there is a small off white space invader on the display. It's been there for three days now, and I can swear that it's changed shape just a tad. I was hoping it would just go away, but it hasn't yet.

Garage is heated. This anomaly is constant regardless of interior temp, or how long you're driving the car and it goes away completely with the ignition off?

My dealer has been great, but I don't want to go back in right now if I don't have to. And I hope they don't have to remove the speedometer cluster etc... to fix this. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks,
David

Old 02-15-2010, 01:56 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
What 'space invader' are you referring to? Is that a bug o some bad LCD pixels?

Old 02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
yes. The actual display - the readout info. - is in a light blue such as the speed, mileage etc.. My space invader seems to be faulty crystals that appear almost white.

At first I though something got on the display, but then as I tried to wipe it off, I realized its enclosed behind plastic, so the problem is the display. I'll try to post a pic later, but the resolution esp. for closeups on my iphone is not good.

DRP