997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Swapped out head unit for Pioneer AvicZ110bt

Old 05-01-2010, 06:28 AM
nyce is on a distinguished road
Swapped out head unit for Pioneer AvicZ110bt

Took out the head unit---kept the speakers and sub--changed the smaller amp. Wow !! The sound is now amazing,especially considering what it was!

Now have Ipod (in the armrest),navigation and bluetooth. Looks completely stock and is 100% flush.

All for under 3K NYC sales tax included! Michael of Audio Designs in NYC did the work...

Could not be happier---it is fantastic

Attached Images      
Old 05-01-2010, 07:53 AM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Is the bezel from Euromotorspeed? Looks just like the one I bought from him...

Nice job! Enjoy it!

Btw, you can stream audio from any Bluetooth phone... Pandora radio works well.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Have not tried that yet.....streaming Pandora was very cool. The Pioneer is wired for ipod---Mp3 players don't work....

Old 05-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Yes...Eurobezel --- I owe it to u....I took your post to my local guy and said "do this" !!

Old 05-01-2010, 08:23 AM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by nyce
Have not tried that yet.....streaming Pandora was very cool. The Pioneer is wired for ipod---Mp3 players don't work....
In your audio sources, one of the options is Bluetooth audio... Pair your Bluetooth smart phone with the head unit, start pandora radio on the smart phone, then go to BT audio on the head unit and hit connect...no need for XM any longer!

Also, your iPod connection can be removed and you can just use it with the USB...which means you can connect it to a flash drive and listen to music files that way, if you choose...

Glad I could help steer you in the right direction!

And of course...as always...a big shout out to Loi at Euromotorspeed!!!

Old 05-01-2010, 11:19 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of amp did you use?

Old 05-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Have to look the amp up on the bill ---was only about $200 or so---audio guys said it would make a big difference...

Old 05-01-2010, 11:33 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
cool thanks, I'm gonna install by AVIC next week too, and i'm going to wire everything up to an amp as well instead of through the headunit.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I used the least expensive amp they had---changing that amp makes it go from sounding better to amazing---better amp=better sound

MSN direct -- it is a seperate attenna--I did not know this--if I want it now---unit has to be pulled out and wired up ---but---MSN is discontinuing the service in bout 18months---unless someone picks up the service,its a waste..

Old 05-21-2010, 07:30 AM
trieullionaire has a spectacular aura abouttrieullionaire has a spectacular aura abouttrieullionaire has a spectacular aura about
Doesn't appear to be our current bezel

Hi NYCE,

When did you do your install? I'm wondering because if it is recent it is definitely not one of our bezels you have installed. The bezel you have is round on the edges, whereas, our current bezels have been designed with sharper corners.

Attached Images    
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 AM
oebb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by trieullionaire
Hi NYCE,

When did you do your install? I'm wondering because if it is recent it is definitely not one of our bezels you have installed. The bezel you have is round on the edges, whereas, our current bezels have been designed with sharper corners.
I was wondering this too, and the color looks way off compared to your pictures.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:06 AM
fanboy is on a distinguished road
Ok, you solved a dilemma for me: add BT/iPod to my PCM or go aftermarket. Looking at the specs of the Avic Z110bt aftermarket blows away the PCM... only bad thing though, don't you lose the integration with the tachometer?

Old 05-21-2010, 10:57 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Nice, very nice!

Old 06-11-2010, 02:26 PM
ogun228 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nyce
Took out the head unit---kept the speakers and sub--changed the smaller amp. Wow !! The sound is now amazing,especially considering what it was!

Now have Ipod (in the armrest),navigation and bluetooth. Looks completely stock and is 100% flush.

All for under 3K NYC sales tax included! Michael of Audio Designs in NYC did the work...

Could not be happier---it is fantastic

nyce,

Hello nyce,

I'm in need of some help:

I also am trying to swap out my head unit for an AVIC and after all the research I've done and after I've talked to many installers, the one I settled on found out that because of the fiber optics in the Porsche, he cannot find an interface that will allow the installation.

My car is a one week purchase of a C4S coupe built in 07/04, originally sold as a 05.

The current head unit is a CDR23 and the installer, Sam's Sound in West Caldwell, NJ tells me that the only feasible way is to re-wire the whole car, something I'm unwilling to do because of cost considerations. My budget is 2K.

Could you tell me what interface you used in your car?

I'd really appreciate your help in trying to resolve this.

Many thanks in advance,

Jean-David

Old 06-11-2010, 02:58 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trieullionaire
Hi NYCE,

And the colors match better.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Swapped out head unit for Pioneer AvicZ110bt