997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I finally bought a Porsche!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:32 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the new car. Watch out though, Porsches are addicting. I bought my first one (a Boxster) back in 99 and I'm now on #4 (09 C2 S)

Old 08-11-2010, 02:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It sounds like a great car and congrats.
I happen to like the Gtr but there are a few things that i don't like about it and I think you will find that overall experience with Porsche is top notch.

Good luck.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on new car. Pics Enjoy

Old 08-12-2010, 08:50 AM
PRS 7 is on a distinguished road
Is/was this car over here in Dallas/Plano?

If it is the car I looked at, you did get a sweet car and deal.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Cabinetman will become famous soon enoughCabinetman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PRS 7
Is/was this car over here in Dallas/Plano?

If it is the car I looked at, you did get a sweet car and deal.
It was the car you looked at. I feel like I did pretty good on the deal. It took them a bit to give me what I wanted for the GT-R, but it all worked out in the end.

I wasn't able to take delivery yesterday so it looks like today will be the day. I don't even know why I came to work because my mind is definitely not here.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 AM
^ Grats and and the same time. I figured deal hunters would sniff the car out and sure enough...
There are a few more lying around but YOUR car was the color I wanted and sport exhaust/manual were all I really cared about.

The 09 Cayman S is quite the deal too but not what I am looking for.

Anyone wanting it, they are doing about 21% off if I remember correctly. Nice car. Atlas/gray/manual/pwr seats. 70 list, "asking" 55 I think.

Again, grats....kind of.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Cabinetman will become famous soon enoughCabinetman will become famous soon enough
^ Grats and and the same time. I figured deal hunters would sniff the car out and sure enough...
There are a few more lying around but YOUR car was the color I wanted and sport exhaust/manual were all I really cared about.

The 09 Cayman S is quite the deal too but not what I am looking for.

Anyone wanting it, they are doing about 21% off if I remember correctly. Nice car. Atlas/gray/manual/pwr seats. 70 list, "asking" 55 I think.

Again, grats....kind of.
If you have ever wanted a GT-R they have a low miles 2011 that has never been launched and has no ECU mods.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Ha!

I thought about a GT-R when they came out. I am a sucker for new introductions and they usually bite me in the rear/recalls etc.

I would have fell prey to it's power and failed to realize my **** is too old for it's ride quality.

BTW. I have seen GT-R's in the pre -owned lots of many P dealers in person and online.
Yours will be about the 3rd or fourth over there in the last few months.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Ha!

I thought about a GT-R when they came out. I am a sucker for new introductions and they usually bite me in the rear/recalls etc.

I would have fell prey to it's power and failed to realize my **** is too old for it's ride quality.

BTW. I have seen GT-R's in the pre -owned lots of many P dealers in person and online.
Yours will be about the 3rd or fourth over there in the last few months.
The 2011 GT-R has revised suspension tuning. The comfort setting is actually livable, but I wouldn't call it comfortable.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I finally took delivery! Here are a few quick pics.

Here are a few pics of my last two cars.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Sweet! Great looking car. That color is great! It came with the tint done too?

My car was an 09 leftover too. I got it back in April - no problems so far (except for silly switch that detects clutch is depressed so you can start the car - replaced under warranty).

Last edited by Scoper; 08-12-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Scoper
Sweet! Great looking car. That color is great! It came with the tint done too?

My car was an 09 leftover too. I got it back in April - no problems so far (except for silly switch that detects clutch is depressed so you can start the car - replaced under warranty).
I had them tint the windows as part of the deal. Thanks for the kind words.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:19 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful cabinetman. Don't worry, even though it sat that long, the 16 miles tell me that the car has had very little short trips like the in and out of the storage area. Enjoy her safely.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 PM
JB1911 has a spectacular aura aboutJB1911 has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations Cabinetman! That is a beautiful car in one of my all time favorite colors... enjoy it!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:36 AM
There she is! Try and come back and toss a few impressions on the car if you would.

Not the same but still..
You snagged a car I had my eye on. I should have had both on apparently. I had a white e46 M3 and the 4th 350Z in the state when my order arrived. It was white.

My truck is white and the one before it was silver. Don't tell me your Ford is white or silver.

ps. I would like to hear your impression of the ventilated seats. 91 degree heat index as I type this. Argh.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally bought a Porsche!