997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I finally bought a Porsche!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Cabinetman will become famous soon enoughCabinetman will become famous soon enough
I finally bought a Porsche!

Yesterday was a big day for me. I finally stepped up and bought a car that I have been lusting after for the last couple of decades, the 911. To be more specific I picked up a 2009 C2S 6 speed with all of 16 miles on it. I should pick the car up today if everything goes as planned.

The car was part of the inventory of a New Orleans dealership that shut down. Porsche held the cars until all the legal issues were resolved with the defunct dealership and then sold their left over inventory to a local dealer. I was able to get a pretty good deal on the car with the full factory warranty that starts when I take delivery.

I traded my 2011 Nissan GT-R for this car. I realize I am giving up performance and stepping into and older car, but this is my dream car. I should have bi-passed the GT-R all together. Don't get me wrong, the GT-R is an amazing car and I really enjoyed driving mine, however it didn't get rid of the deep set desire to own a Porsche.

Here how the car is setup:
Arctic Silver with gray leather interior
Sport Chrono
Painted crests on wheels
heated seats
vented seats
Auto dimming mirrors
Sport exhaust
Nav
Bose
Bluetooth
Ipod
XM radio

My only concern now is that there might be some issues that arise from the car sitting around for so long. I went ahead and took the risk because I am getting the full new car warranty. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:39 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
sounds like a very sweet car! Congrats on the new ride.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
It's only an '09...so at most it sat around for a year. Not really that long. Sounds like you got a sweet deal. Congrats and enjoy!

J

Old 08-11-2010, 08:27 AM
spudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the rough
congrats...enjoy it in good health

Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
It's only an '09...so at most it sat around for a year. Not really that long. Sounds like you got a sweet deal. Congrats and enjoy!

J
It could be sitting around for 2+ yrs, depending on when it was built. If it was built in June-July 2008, you're looking at 2+ yrs.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Congrats! Share pics when you pick her up.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:13 AM
medpilot105 will become famous soon enough
Congratulations on your new car! You'll be fine regarding any issues from the car waiting on you to come find it. Especially, with a full new car warranty.

Not having driven a GT-R I can't really comment on the specific differences however, the combination of what makes a truly rewarding driving experience for me is part science and part art. No doubt the GT-R is full of science and yes, a modern 911 has it's share of tech but it's the art portion of the driving experience that the 911 is a master. The art, for me at least, refers to is the way the car feels in your hands, the way it sounds, and the way it looks. Again, the GT-R is impressive but I've never had a car that makes me want to be a better driver nor a car that takes the dullest of roads and makes it an unforgetable drive. It sounds like you new for many years that this is the car for you. I for one will vouch for your C2S. It is.

Go put on the miles and enjoy it where it belongs, on the road or track! Again, congrats!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the car!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Cabinetman will become famous soon enoughCabinetman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by medpilot105
Congratulations on your new car! You'll be fine regarding any issues from the car waiting on you to come find it. Especially, with a full new car warranty.

Not having driven a GT-R I can't really comment on the specific differences however, the combination of what makes a truly rewarding driving experience for me is part science and part art. No doubt the GT-R is full of science and yes, a modern 911 has it's share of tech but it's the art portion of the driving experience that the 911 is a master. The art, for me at least, refers to is the way the car feels in your hands, the way it sounds, and the way it looks. Again, the GT-R is impressive but I've never had a car that makes me want to be a better driver nor a car that takes the dullest of roads and makes it an unforgetable drive. It sounds like you new for many years that this is the car for you. I for one will vouch for your C2S. It is.

Go put on the miles and enjoy it where it belongs, on the road or track! Again, congrats!
The GT-R is a very enjoyable car to drive. I came out of an E90 M3 prior to the Nissan and I had loads more fun in the GT-R. The acceleration at speeds of less than about 120 is brutal. Also, the steering feel and feedback is very good as are the monster brakes. The only real downsides I found to the GT-R are the size of the car (it is really big) and how noisy it is.

I definitely didn't swap cars because I didn't like the Nissan. It was about fulfilling a dream I've had for years of owning a Porsche. I just hope the P car can live up to my expectations. I bought a E90 M3 because it was on my bucket list and for whatever reason I never really fell for the car. It lacked the edge of the earlier M3s I had lusted after. Hopefully the 997 won't leave me feeling the same way.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:30 AM
medpilot105 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Cabinetman
Hopefully the 997 won't leave me feeling the same way.
Well, that's a great position to be in! Nothing like driving a great car to figure it out. The 911 will be very different methinks. Once you get used to how it drives versus an M3 or GT-R then you'll appreciate it's inherent differences. Gotta say, though. You've got some great taste in cars!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Congrats and enjoy her in good health mate.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Congrats on the new car!

Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations, I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!

Jay

Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the new car! Enjoy in Good health!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
You must have gotten a sweet deal then. Congrats!

I would watch for RMS oil leak and battery since the car has been sitting for a year or two. Also, change the oil soon. The brake fluid should probably be flushed in another year.

Your car is very nicely optioned!

I think you'll find the 911 trickier to drive fast around corners, more nimble and better designed. I had an 02 911 and now drive a Gallardo. To this day, I still miss the Porsche. It's a very practical and capable car in the hands of a good driver.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally bought a Porsche!