997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Why does Porsche driving school have a "womens only" course ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
I'm bringing my soon-to-be wife to her first DE this Sept at Roebling Road in Savannah, GA. I will be instructing and she will be a first time novice student.

She is one of the main reasons we got he 997!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
I'm bringing my soon-to-be wife to her first DE this Sept at Roebling Road in Savannah, GA. I will be instructing and she will be a first time novice student.

cool..all the best.

Will you team up?

Old 08-16-2010, 03:16 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough

But hopefully she won't be your student?

I was a ski school supervisor for the decade of the 80's. We always told our instructors that they were welcome to bring a spouse/significant other/whatever for a lesson, but always recommended they put that person into a class being taught by somebody else.

The "emphasis" that an instructor uses with a student often gets translated to "you're yelling at me!" by someone with whom there's an emotional involvement. I can vouch for that problem from personal experience. When I brought my next girlfriend skiing I didn't even try to teach her myself.

I have to think the same problem might crop up here...

Just saying.

DMoore
'09 C2S
'10 P4S

Old 08-16-2010, 05:28 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !

Part of my decision to buy the second Porsche (997S) was because my girlfriend can drive it too. With my Turbo the stage three clutch has no power assist and might be a bit tough for her to press . The 997S gives her the variety when shes not using the M3 and gives me a DD Porsche to let the Turbo rest.

I'm still on the fence with tracking any of my cars but the idea of going to the driving school sounds like fun.