997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GTS on order

Old 09-15-2010, 04:59 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
GTS on order

I pulled the trigger.

2011 Carrara White GTS w/SPASM, heated seats, & XM. All the stuff that is supposedly removed according to the brochure on the Porsche site is *not* removed for the US. The brochure on the PCNA site is a Euro brochure and incorrect according to their configurator. Hennessy (top 2-3 in the nation on volume, and here next to PCNA HQ) gets 4 allocations - 2 coupes, 2 convertibles.

There are 3 left.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:09 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Congrats, it sounds like it will be a sweet car. When do you get it?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
GM said official delivery dates are "spring", but the order he put in today should be a Dec/Jan build. Considering it was only $5k more than my C2S spec, I'll trade the painted parts for X51, C4 hips, RS wheels, and lots of alcantara interior pieces.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gravedgr
GM said official delivery dates are "spring", but the order he put in today should be a Dec/Jan build. Considering it was only $5k more than my C2S spec, I'll trade the painted parts for X51, C4 hips, RS wheels, and lots of alcantara interior pieces.
Congratulations. Is there a list of all the sweet bits that make the GTS unique compared to the C2S?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:04 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats That was very fortunate that they announced this car before yours arrived.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats!!!!! What color Interior did you go with. Is this a limited build car?

Now the wait begins

Old 09-15-2010, 07:56 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Congrats, sounds like a sweet ride. Gotta post pics when she gets here!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by PT Doc
Congratulations. Is there a list of all the sweet bits that make the GTS unique compared to the C2S?
Hmm. The only unique bits I can think of are:
  • Rear body is 44 mm wider, and rear track is 32 mm wider. Essentially the C4 body and rear axle on the C2 chassis.
  • RS Spyder wheels with central locking (a la GT3RS)
I think the rest are available as options:
  • badging
  • power increase to 408 hp (X51 power kit)
  • PSE
  • front bumper (someone had a name for this - it may be Tequipment)
  • lots of interior alcantara (including seat inserts which I LOVE)
  • black sideskirts to match lip on new front spoiler
  • 3-sport Sport Design steering wheel (i.e. PDK wheel without paddles)
  • Sport seats / adaptive sport seats / sport bucket seats only
EDIT: I almost forgot - the rear valence is painted black and the exhaust pipe are nanocoated black to match.

Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
Congrats That was very fortunate that they announced this car before yours arrived.
No kidding. Funny story - when I went for my C2S order, they had an October allocation open, but I said I wanted to think overnight. The dealer called me on the way home to say someone walked in right after me and took it. The next avail. was Dec. Perhaps karma's way of guiding me to the GTS?

Originally Posted by Gj325
Congrats!!!!! What color Interior did you go with. Is this a limited build car?

Now the wait begins
I was building a Guards Red C2S, but I REALLY like the looks of the black wheels on a clean white 911, so I went with Carrara White (just like the press photos). As noted in the first post, my dealer gets 4 allocations and they are in the top 2-3 of the US. With ~200 US dealers x ~4 cars, I'm expecting 1000 or less to reach the US. I told my dealer I want #1 of xxxx.

Last edited by gravedgr; 09-15-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Some sample pictures - actually, it should look exactly like this (thumbnails clickable):

Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Cabinetman will become famous soon enoughCabinetman will become famous soon enough
Congrats! That will be a sweet car. If I was in the position to buy a new 997 that is the car I would go for.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Hmm. The only unique bits I can think of are:
  • Rear body is 44 mm wider, and rear track is 32 mm wider. Essentially the C4 body and rear axle on the C2 chassis.
  • RS Spyder wheels with central locking (a la GT3RS)
I think the rest are available as options:
  • badging
  • power increase to 408 hp (X51 power kit)
  • PSE
  • front bumper (someone had a name for this - it may be Tequipment)
  • lots of interior alcantara (including seat inserts which I LOVE)
  • black sideskirts to match lip on new front spoiler
  • 3-sport Sport Design steering wheel (i.e. PDK wheel without paddles)
  • Sport seats / adaptive sport seats / sport bucket seats only
EDIT: I almost forgot - the rear valence is painted black and the exhaust pipe are nanocoated black to match.

No kidding. Funny story - when I went for my C2S order, they had an October allocation open, but I said I wanted to think overnight. The dealer called me on the way home to say someone walked in right after me and took it. The next avail. was Dec. Perhaps karma's way of guiding me to the GTS?

I was building a Guards Red C2S, but I REALLY like the looks of the black wheels on a clean white 911, so I went with Carrara White (just like the press photos). As noted in the first post, my dealer gets 4 allocations and they are in the top 2-3 of the US. With ~200 US dealers x ~4 cars, I'm expecting 1000 or less to reach the US. I told my dealer I want #1 of xxxx.
Your dealer does get the cars. My dealer just got my wife's Cayenne S umber on umber from them.

The more I read about the car the more I like

Old 09-15-2010, 09:32 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats..that one would be a keeper in my books.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 PM
axhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud of
Wow, that is quick. Congrats!

Does anyone know if the GTS is a regular production, or is a limited model like the Sport Classis?

Thanks,

Old 09-15-2010, 09:46 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Doug, that is great...seriously congrats...happy for ya! That is going to be 1 nice Porsche...a true sports car like it should be....simply awesome!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Does anyone know if the GTS is a regular production, or is a limited model like the Sport Classis?
As noted in the first post, my dealer gets 4 allocations and they are in the top 2-3 of the US. With ~200 US dealers x ~4 cars, I'm expecting 1000 or less to reach the US.
As several folks noted, this is just a "last hurrah" for the outgoing model, using up spare parts so they can make room for the 991. I don't think demand nor supply would support a large run. I'd love see a worldwide run of 1000 or less.

Originally Posted by mdrums
Doug, that is great...seriously congrats...happy for ya! That is going to be 1 nice Porsche...a true sports car like it should be....simply awesome!
Thanks, I'm super excited. I *really* like my cars to be different from the normal/average. I can't afford the exclusivity of Ferrari or Lambo yet (well, I could buy it, park it, and never drive it ), and I absolutely adored my 997.1, so this is the absolute best of both worlds. Best of all would be if the other 3 GTS's at Hennessy get sold out of state.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS on order