997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Suncoast aluminum sport pedal set

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 PM
onedae is on a distinguished road

The kit includes all pedals plus the dead pedal. has anyone installed these? Interested in quality and ease of installation. Thanks

Old 03-23-2011, 07:26 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Got the same set from Suncoast. Installed it. Quality is good thus far. Ease of installation is like any other pedal kit. You need to drill the brake and clutch pedals.

There's a very similar or identical kit on Ebay for less.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:17 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Yes but the kit from Suncoast is OEM Porsche which in many peoples eyes is far better than knock off ebay. I too am interested in what people have to say about them.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gloves
Yes but the kit from Suncoast is OEM Porsche which in many peoples eyes is far better than knock off ebay. I too am interested in what people have to say about them.
If the OP is talking about this set: 997 Sport Pedal Set
I wouldn't be so sure they are OEM Porsche. I had a similar set from ebay in my Boxster and they were great quality. That being said, looks like ebay and suncoast prices are similar these days.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Supposed you could be right but I doubt they would sell a non OEM part that says Porsche on it...

Old 03-24-2011, 08:34 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, I have installed a ton of the suncoast sets. Great pedals. I do typically use different hardware than provided, and IIRC if you look at the instruction sheet listed, it is incorrect on how to install them/what hardware to use (or at least it use to be). Pretty straight forward though. Everything is super easy to install with exception of the brake pedal. That one is metal so use a good quality drill bit and make sure your holes are lined up so that don't run into something on the backside. Since the brake pedal does not fully depress like the clutch pedal it is a little harder to get the drill in there, but on a scale of 1-10, I'd give this project maybe a 2-3

Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Gloves,

They are not OEM parts, we get them from a supplier here in town. The quality however is great. I would put them on my car and not think twice about it. We have them on our track Cayman S and have held up fine to getting roughed up almost every weekend.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you guys out with.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
Gloves,

They are not OEM parts, we get them from a supplier here in town. The quality however is great. I would put them on my car and not think twice about it. We have them on our track Cayman S and have held up fine to getting roughed up almost every weekend.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you guys out with.
WOW...I am blown away. Unless they have an agreement with Porsche I dont understand why you would carry an "illegally licensed" product.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM
tsammann has a spectacular aura abouttsammann has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
Gloves,

Super simple, but very high quality. I installed a set 6 mos ago. Was a relatively easy job, other than drilling through the metal brake pedal (take your time, use the right drill bit and lots of oil). No issues with the rubber bumps, which can sometimes fall out of other pedal sets.

Good luck!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Plp39503 has a spectacular aura aboutPlp39503 has a spectacular aura about
I installed the (PDK) set about a month ago. +1 on the drilling; one more thing - if you're left-handed it's more of a pain, and it matters what kind of drill you use - a big enough one makes it hard to get the right angle. I used a small Dremel tool for the accelerator and dead pedal, had to borrow one of my neighbor's newer cordless drills since mine was older and bigger.

That said, I really like the bigger break pedal. Looks great too! Incidentally, i also installed one of BumperPlug's silver hood crests - looks awesome.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 PM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have any pictures of these installed?

Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
One word of caution. If one of your objectives is to improve your ability to heel & toe downshift, you want to make sure the new brake and throttle are big enough and/or of a different enough shape to compensate for the oem's deficiency in that regard. I bought a set (not from Suncoast) for my first P-car that looked great but really were not any functionally different than the originals. I now have Rennline pedals which can be adjusted multiple ways utilizing different extensions and H&T is no longer an issue. It's hard to tell how the Suncoast product would work just looking at the pictures and it may be that it's not a issue at all to you anyway. Best,

Old 03-25-2011, 06:37 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I have a set and I like them.

T.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:42 PM
cpturbo is on a distinguished road
These look very nice. They are an awesome introduction to the interior. Are the screws self tapping?

Old 03-26-2011, 06:46 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
WOW...I am blown away. Unless they have an agreement with Porsche I dont understand why you would carry an "illegally licensed" product.
Just because the product isn't made by or distributed by Porsche doesn't mean it is illegally licensed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suncoast aluminum sport pedal set