997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Targa Bruised Badly! (ugly pics warning)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:32 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
My Targa Bruised Badly! (ugly pics warning)

Have only had it 4 months with only 4000km on it and now this happens - just my bloody luck - in May. A 30 minute coffee with the wife turns into a disaster waste of my day. This is one of those situations where my blood boiled because the crazy driver that backed into the car was not even there when I arrived - lucky enough he finally showed up after 2 hours of me hunting for cameras and witnesses. Apparently he was in a rush to drop off the kids - yup sure you were, leave me a note or something - guilt is one heck of feeling.

Long end of it is I hate my rental and its going to be 3 f'n weeks till I get my sweetness back. Add insult to injury I really wanted to keep it after the 2 year lease was done and not sure I want to after a $15,000.00 accident on record.

Attached Images      

Last edited by uhn2000; 05-18-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Ouch! Hope for a speedy recovery. I would not keep it if I were you. Doesn't look good on record and will be hard to sell if you decided to purchase it.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Owwww, I feel your pain! It looks as if only the front quarterpanel took a hit - the hood hopefully is intact. The bumper thankfully is not sheet metal work. I hope you get her back before three weeks is up!

Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Lucky you were leasing it. That is bad news if you own it. Sorry for your situation. At least the guy came back.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Sorry man. Go for new fender and see how it looks. Would't expect frame damage and paint should be easy to match. Good luck btw I doubt it was guilt as much as "leaving the scene" anxiety.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:11 PM
mihink can only hope to improve
Terrible accident. But I have to say the area you parked in looks pretty shady; parking lot and the drab building next to it looks to be in a bad 'hood.
Hope you get your car fixed fast!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
if that is a Porsche lease they are the ones with the residual gaurantee. you may make back some $ on this in the end to ease the pain.

notwithstanding that whack - that Targa in silver with the Turbo II wheels really looks good. from Pfaff or Downtown?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:41 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
i think i threw up in my mouth

the pics alone make me sick

Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
that sucks,

but that is the nice thing about a lease.

make her insurance rent you a Porsche

Old 05-18-2011, 05:53 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I am really bummed Uhn. Holy crap. It is becoming impossible to DD our cars (like they are meant to be) with all the distracted driving out there. Speedy recovery and +1 on not keeping it beyond the lease period. I can't bear to see that beauty in that shape. I can feel your pain. Sorry for this.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:31 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I am really bummed Uhn. Holy crap. It is becoming impossible to DD our cars (like they are meant to be) with all the distracted driving out there. Speedy recovery and +1 on not keeping it beyond the lease period. I can't bear to see that beauty in that shape. I can feel your pain. Sorry for this.

You're so correct about the distracted drivers... More crap they do and not paying attention to driving the car... phones, TEXTING,maps etc...
I love the way the officials can't make a determination as to whether texting is distracting or not...
I don't even take a call on my cell when I'm driving... If it rings while I'm driving and my wife is in the car then I hand it to her.. To be truthful, I'd rather drive the car than talk on the damn phone...

Rambling again, sorry,,,,

Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
sorry to hear it too, a real *ockpunch, but...

was a really sweet ride beforehand and will be again in a few weeks.
and as others have noticed, financially you are fortunate to be on lease and not an outright owner.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:08 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
oh man that sucks, sorry, glad you are ok..did you killed the guy? at least he came back, " probably saying you are responsible "

Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
that looks like it'll buff right out!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a fender, nose and paint. $15k sounds a bit high.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Targa Bruised Badly! (ugly pics warning)