997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Low fuel Warning

Old 11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
ksdprasad will become famous soon enough
Low fuel Warning

noticed whenever i get a low fuel light, if i add 3-5 gallons, the warning still stays on and the fuel gauge does not rise. However if i fill it up, this will reset the warning and gauge back to normal... any ideas if this is normal?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM
OKB
OKB will become famous soon enough
you have to add alot or it wont reset the warning

Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 PM
goncookoo will become famous soon enough
SWEET! I thought I was the only one!
I feel so much better that Im wasnt just imagining things.

Phew!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:21 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Had the same issue, added small amount of fuel to get me to usual supply but light never went off until I finished filling up.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
If anything that seems wrong with the car, it's normal. Just like the brake squeal, so they said at pcna.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:58 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ksdprasad
noticed whenever i get a low fuel light, if i add 3-5 gallons, the warning still stays on and the fuel gauge does not rise. However if i fill it up, this will reset the warning and gauge back to normal... any ideas if this is normal?
You guys need to read your owner's manual -

If a small quantity of fuel is added to a nearly emp- ty fuel tank, the fuel gage cannot measure the add- ed fuel accurately. The „remaining range“ readout will also be incorrect.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:17 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
With the users manual being the size that it is unless there is something that is really bugging me then I don't bother. I believe what jhbrennan is saying though.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:37 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FlaHeel
With the users manual being the size that it is unless there is something that is really bugging me then I don't bother. I believe what jhbrennan is saying though.
I use a pdf version so I don't have to thumb through all the pages. You can join renntech.org and download.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:04 PM
robster1974 is on a distinguished road
Agree the PDF version is more user friendly. Read it on the plane via iPad etc next time u have time to kill.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
The fancy fuel system, like the oil level system, require you use it in a certain way. Splash and go doesn't work. Sure you have 2 more gallons in the tank, but the computers don't register it. When you gas up, fill it all the way up (the car may use that as a way to reset the max level each time for all I know).

Old 12-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Bigthistle will become famous soon enoughBigthistle will become famous soon enough
Question Kangaroo...

OK - was running low (driving from ATL to FLL) and splashed 4 gallons of gas at Flash Foods (couldn't find a brand name to fill up), warning didn't change as suggested in prior posts.

20 miles later found BP and filled up - took 13 gallons.

300 miles later, showing quarter of tank remaining, starts to kangaroo - fuel starvation, no warning lights. Back off gas, gently drive 9 miles off the turnpike and BP again - BUT only 13.5 gallons to fill up (as in 3 gallons left....). Fill up, gently drive a few miles and kangaroo goes away.

What's going on? Shouldn't be running out on quarter tank left - does gauge need recalibration?