997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Instrument Dials Color - What color..?

Old 08-26-2011, 08:37 PM
aproo will become famous soon enoughaproo will become famous soon enough
Instrument Dials Color - What color..?

Hi All,

Thinking of changing my instrument cluster dials. I have a black C2S with 2 tone full leather black/grey interior.

What color dials do you think will look good? White, Red, Yellow or Beige?

Anyone having pictures would help a lot..!

Cheers, Peter

Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 PM
ol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of light
I would go red dials, remove all the interior that's plastic... Guards red. IMO.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aproo
Hi All,

Thinking of changing my instrument cluster dials. I have a black C2S with 2 tone full leather black/grey interior.

What color dials do you think will look good? White, Red, Yellow or Beige?

Anyone having pictures would help a lot..!

Cheers, Peter
Black. Anything else is bling, out of place in a sports car.

Last edited by adias; 08-27-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Black looks the best but the most readable is dark letters on a light background.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
+1, I have gauges with the black background. They look amazing at night and are easy to read during the day.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:07 AM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I wish my S had straight Carerra black gauges.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
I have yellow.. I love it

from my car

Old 08-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks for posting the pictures. The yellow certainly looks nice.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:11 AM
How would the red look..?

My car already came with the full leather options. Two tone with grey deviated stiching.

Originally Posted by ol'blkbty
I would go red dials, remove all the interior that's plastic... Guards red. IMO.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 AM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
White, since your interior doesn't have any color in it...might as well keep it consistent

Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 PM
ol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of light
I would love to show you red dials but I currently have my hands full of all kinds of other little projects on the car, red dials will come. As far as interior items, have your dealer show you pics with the center painted to match, can't remember how much the option was, or I'll try and get some pics when it gets back. I've only owned this car two months but that was the third thing I did. The interior, well was asleep the 4 items I had pulled and painted woke it up. It's normally the first thing someone mentions when getting in the car. But, different strokes for....

Last edited by ol'blkbty; 08-27-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:00 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Old 08-27-2011, 11:00 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
That looks great B!! May have to use that idea!

Old 08-28-2011, 03:21 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
from where are you ordering the dials, and how much is install going to be? I'm thinking about changing the dial color myself..

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Instrument Dials Color - What color..?