997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

DIY 997.2 Brake Fluid Flush

Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
How about if the fluid level in the reservoir goes below min, causing air to get into the line? This happened to me, and I've run enough fluid through to get the line free of air but I'm not sure about the ABS/PSM stuff
You may be ok. If you get any hint of a soft pedal and a subsequent flush doesn't cure it you may need to take it to a dealer and have them use the PIWIS tool.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:39 AM
scottmlew is on a distinguished road
The pedal felt soft after bleeding the four outer nipples, but after I bled the inner nipple on the corner where I let the reservoir get too low, the pedal feels OK. There was definitely lots of air let out on that nipple...when I opened it, I could actually hear a "whoosh" of air before I got fluid. However, I won't know for sure until I can drive the car, which will be a while because of some other work that's being done. At that time I guess I can activate the ABS and see if everything feels normal afterwards, and rebleed if necessary.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
scottmlew is on a distinguished road
Just took the car out for its first drive post-bleed, and all seems well...whew! I did a few hard stops that triggered the ABS and that functionality seemed normal as well. Thanks for the help!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:22 PM
tiyyara will become famous soon enough
Got the motive, got a jack, got my 11mm wrench, got an emergency electrical 12 impact wrench (turned out to be useless), motif bleeder and lots of rags and original porsche break fluid.
First wheel rear right, took about 30 minutes, RL, about 15, FR and FL 10 minutes each.
The "dirtiest" fluid was from right front.
So far car seems to brake well!!
Great write up
Thanks

Old 03-01-2016, 01:09 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
UPDATE/ Hey after several times of doing this I read that if you have a 997.2 with a 6 speed you can brace the clutch pedal down during this whole process and that will put clean fluid into the clutch cylinder/slave too. All went fine, not sure if it did anything different though???
997.1s have a nipple for bleeding under the car.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:32 AM
lurchphil is on a distinguished road
Cerbomark, I have a 997.2 6 speed. Replacing the clutch fluid would be a good idea. Where did you find the info on keeping the clutch depressed while flushing the brake fluid? If that works, it would be terrific!

Old 03-05-2016, 10:52 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lurchphil
Cerbomark, I have a 997.2 6 speed. Replacing the clutch fluid would be a good idea. Where did you find the info on keeping the clutch depressed while flushing the brake fluid? If that works, it would be terrific!
can t remember, maybe Rennlist ?

Old 03-02-2019, 11:09 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
The MIN mark is super important. I did my brake bleeding last summer on my 2016 PAN4 by using Motive to push Air. For some reason i was not attentive and let the brake fluid drop below MIN and air was in the system. As Air entered in my brake system. No matter what I tried I could not get the brake pedal hold firmly. Fas forward, end up I had to tow the car to Porsche dealer for them to redo brake bleeding. LOL ... $250 for the mistake and time to tow the car to Porsche FJ.

So next time I do brake bleeding I will pour fluid into the motive bottle and pressure it out to the brake reservoir to prevent air in the system. I was successful to perform brake bleeding on my cayenne before.

MIN MARK is critical here ...