997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Check out our new Porsche Silver Hood Emblem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Former Vendor
Nello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the roughNello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the roughNello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the rough
Check out our new Porsche Silver Hood Emblem

Hi guys check out our new Porsche SILVER hood emblem, new item in our inventory, free shipping for interested 6speed members. Enter "6speedemblem" at checkout to get free shipping. Check it out on our website www.maxspeed-motorsports.com

Best,

Nello (Maxspeed-Motorsports)

Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 PM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
Is it silver or chrome?
It looks a bit too shiny in pictures to not call it chrome.
Looks good! But I want a less shiny silver.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
installation?

Nello, how does it install? OEM looks welded. btw - love the black and silver wheel caps I bought from you a couple of months ago!!
Maxspeed = great service, great quality everyone!!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:27 PM
chudso will become famous soon enough
That's a really good price, but having to drill larger holes in the hood is a fairly large draw back. I didn't have to make any changes to my hood for mine, but it cost over twice as much.
It looks really good IMO... Matches all the chrome/silver things on the front (like headlight washer) a lot better than the gold did.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chudso
That's a really good price, but having to drill larger holes in the hood is a fairly large draw back. I didn't have to make any changes to my hood for mine, but it cost over twice as much.
It looks really good IMO... Matches all the chrome/silver things on the front (like headlight washer) a lot better than the gold did.
Agreed, it is a really good price and I too paid almost double for mine. It does match the front stuff better and my brushed HRE P40's (BTW someone needs to make colored silver center caps too).

Drilling isn't so much a bother and I really like the idea of threaded posts as opposed to stupid speed nuts like those used on childrens big-wheels - LOL). You could easliy affix a rubber gasket/washer to the nut replacing the OEM backing which crumbles like plumbers putty when you try to reattach. Plus, the speed nuts/posts strip easily... necessitating one to break out the soldering iron to add some meat back onto the posts... yep I know how

Nice job Maxspeed and start working on colored silver emblem wheel center caps

Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Former Vendor
Nello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the roughNello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the roughNello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the rough
Hello everyone, hope you had a great summer! Summer limited my time to check and post on 6speed , just wanted to mention that our Porsche Silver emblems are back in stock. 6speed members get free shipping by using coupon code "6speedemblem" . Thank you

Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 AM
LarryMorrio is on a distinguished road
Matches all the chrome/silver things on the front

Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by LarryMorrio
Matches all the chrome/silver things on the front
sorry don't see any pictures

Old 11-14-2018, 01:44 PM
kavorkme is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got the "Silver/Black/Red & Silver Center" crest installed on my 991.2 (C2S), and although its slightly thicker and slightly curved (as compared to OEM crest), it fits and looks great. thanks Maxspeed!