997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fabspeed: any news on the dual intake for 997.1?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:19 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Fabspeed: any news on the dual intake for 997.1?

I'm referring to this, the carbon fiber enclosure with dual filter...

more info here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...cs-review.html

Please let us know...

joel pirela

Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !
I was wondering about this also. I figured they scrapped the project since they never gave any more updates. I'm still interested though.

Ken

Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ken968
I was wondering about this also. I figured they scrapped the project since they never gave any more updates. I'm still interested though.

Ken
Yes...would love to see this get done. I have the single air intake from them and the dual would be cool.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
+1 on this setup!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Maybe the reason they scrapped it is because someone noticed that what it does is remove the OEM cold air intake (breathes through the lid) and substitutes an intake that inputs hot air from the engine bay. What a concept The x51 unit with two cold air intakes would be they way to go, No?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gpjli
Maybe the reason they scrapped it is because someone noticed that what it does is remove the OEM cold air intake (breathes through the lid) and substitutes an intake that inputs hot air from the engine bay. What a concept The x51 unit with two cold air intakes would be they way to go, No?
that's what this new intake is all about. it is a closed system with a box made in carbon fiber and dual outlets that breath fresh cold air from the deck lid via two snorkels...

Old 08-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
that's what this new intake is all about. it is a closed system with a box made in carbon fiber and dual outlets that breath fresh cold air from the deck lid via two snorkels...
Guess I'm missing something. LL the intake is in the engine bay and I don't see lid access. If it is as you say where are the 2 outlets (inlets)? The entire x51 kit including intake, head mods and exhaust added a total of 26 hp. How much can you gain by expensive airbox mod? Might look pretty though. Btw, Suncoast has entire x51 kit "on sale" for about 7k$. Estimated installation=50 hours! For this box you need to cut second hole in lid. I'm thinking I'll find something else to do

Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
The first image is what Fabspeed has now available for the 997.2. We are looking for the 997.1 version with two filters, full enclosure and 2 inlets. They haven't done that yet. that's what I want. I don't care too much for the performance... but the car will breath easier/better and I will have carbon fiber on the engine compartment.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:41 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed

Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !
Maybe we should email Fabspeed to try and get an answer. Call me a pessimist but I would think if ths was in the works they would have been giving us updates to keep track of market interest.

Ken

Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
There was another thread, probably where those pics came from, where FabSpeed was actively replying. Post to the original. I'd imagine you'll get a reply.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 AM
biggriff is on a distinguished road
You can already buy a twin intake for the 997.1 here in the Uk. I've just fitted mine along with some other goodies.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...mods997020.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...mods997017.jpg

The are Vertini Magic 19" concave rims, running Advan V103 sports.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...mods997024.jpg

Also fitted front and rear led lights.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...mods997015.jpg

Old 08-11-2012, 11:23 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
can you post more pics of the vertini rims? i was considering those.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:57 PM
yes, I just need a carbon, sealed enclosure... not just the double filters...

Old 08-12-2012, 01:32 AM
biggriff is on a distinguished road
Realise that Joel, but needed to sort my upgrades and as there didn't seem any progress on the sealed unit I went ahead with the twin cone set up, which I'm pretty happy with.

Richard

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed: any news on the dual intake for 997.1?