997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Jack Pad Stands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 PM
BLKonBLK911C4S is on a distinguished road
Jack Pad Stands

I have searched all over 6speedonline and can't find who makes those special stands that accept the jack pad from the Jack....you lift the car as normal with your jack and lower it right into the jack stand and it and remove the jack (pad stays in the stand

Can anyone tell me who makes it or where to get it?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
MaxSpeed makes one: http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/jackpad.html

I bought mine on eBay. Search for "997 jack pad". Works great. Just don't forget to remove after lowering the jack. I drove around the block once with it still attached. Thankfully it stayed in!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by semicycler
MaxSpeed makes one: http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/jackpad.html

I bought mine on eBay. Search for "997 jack pad". Works great. Just don't forget to remove after lowering the jack. I drove around the block once with it still attached. Thankfully it stayed in!

Those are the pads.....I am looking for the stand that you lower the car onto and holds it up by the pad.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM
bellwilliam is on a distinguished road
I think this is what you are looking for ?
http://www.safetjack.com/Home/tabid/37/Default.aspx

I think one of the major sell similar jack also. not sure who.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:59 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Are you talking about this?...

(http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/)

Old 08-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by PSPorsche
Are you talking about this?...

(http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/)

Thank you....This is what i was looking for.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by BLKonBLK911C4S
Thank you....This is what i was looking for.
Wow...I did not realize they were so pricey!!!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
They are a bit pricey but they are very stable. It's a pain jacking a car up and watching the jack stand on the opposite side start to lean. I've about convinced myself to get a pair.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:17 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I have 4 of the Jack Point stands and they are awesome. They are very stable -- each stand holds up to 4,000 lbs. If you are going to do work under a car (especially, for lengthy jobs such as a spark plug change), these are an absolute must. Also, these stands require a low profile jack -- these can be pricey as well.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 AM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed for future reference

Old 08-23-2012, 02:11 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 911cv
I have 4 of the Jack Point stands and they are awesome. They are very stable -- each stand holds up to 4,000 lbs. If you are going to do work under a car (especially, for lengthy jobs such as a spark plug change), these are an absolute must. Also, these stands require a low profile jack -- these can be pricey as well.
+1. jackpoint jackstands arrived last week and i did my first oil change ever on the '11 C4. These definitely helped, and you don't have to worry about where to find other unstable jackpoints on the car. highly recommended and worth it if you plan to work under your car a bit...

Old 08-23-2012, 02:55 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
wolfnards,

Nice to hear the positive review on these items. Did you buy two or four?
(By the way, I'm able to do oil change on my 997.1 w/o jacking up the car at all, and the oil filter is on the bottom! ).

Does anyone have recommendations on a low profile jack that works well with these?

Old 08-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Any chance we can get a group buy going?

Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
very interesting, subscribed

Old 08-23-2012, 03:18 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Costco has a low profile jack for $100 and its great! Look itup. But nit sureit will work wihnthose jack stands. My mind is working im sure i can design something and have it fabricated for a lot cheaper

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jack Pad Stands