6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   SharkWerks 997.2 Tuning & Modification Guide (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/292412-sharkwerks-997-2-tuning-modification-guide.html)

sharkster 11-19-2012 04:44 PM

SharkWerks 997.2 Tuning & Modification Guide

The 997.2 platform is a firm favorite in these waters. Back in September of 08, we actually rushed out and got the first launch car in NorCal to play with, live with and R&D on. We've had such great support from the community and have worked on so many projects over the years. Since this is who we are and what we do we get a lot of calls, emails and drop-ins each week asking for our recommendations for modifications, often "what would you do if this was your car?" or more specifically which parts we would upgrade etc.

We tell plenty of people, just leave it bone stock and it's good to go, although there's always to make it a bit more edgy.

So we decided to write a tuning and modification guide with brief explanations for what we would and wouldn't change, and why...

This is a good starting point for new 997.2 (don't worry we're also working on a 997.1 version too!) and experienced owners that are new to modifying the car. With all the information available online we decided to summarize and organize our thoughts into one document.

2009-2011 Carrera / S / 4S / GTS:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/forum_phot.../intro-pic.JPG
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...09-2012-a.html

daberlin 11-19-2012 05:56 PM

Great write up. However, I'd update the statement to include 2009: "There is also a highly desirable factory exhaust option (PSE or Porsche Sport Exhaust), found on 2010 and newer cars, which allows you to switch the side mufflers from a quiet to louder mode at the click of an exhaust button. This is also compatible with aftermarket exhaust sections mentioned below". The PSE is also available on the '09.

DCI 11-19-2012 05:56 PM

Thanks for taking the time to put this together! I have the Sharkwerks center bypass and TechArt springs, both were great additions. The Lw flywheel sounds like my next move.

sharkster 11-19-2012 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by DCI (Post 3695741)
Thanks for taking the time to put this together! I have the Sharkwerks center bypass and TechArt springs, both were great additions. The Lw flywheel sounds like my next move.

Our pleasure and sounds like a good car (pun intended!). LWF certainly can be fun. I mean the improved acceleration is neat assuming you don't mind the transmission noise;)

Originally Posted by daberlin (Post 3695739)
Great write up. However, I'd update the statement to include 2009: "There is also a highly desirable factory exhaust option (PSE or Porsche Sport Exhaust), found on 2010 and newer cars, which allows you to switch the side mufflers from a quiet to louder mode at the click of an exhaust button. This is also compatible with aftermarket exhaust sections mentioned below". The PSE is also available on the '09.

Glad you like it and I'll probably need to make it clearer. If you remember on 09s the PSE got delayed and you're right later 09 cars did have it just not the initial and mid-year 09s.....

daberlin 11-19-2012 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 3695822)
Our pleasure and sounds like a good car (pun intended!). LWF certainly can be fun. I mean the improved acceleration is neat assuming you don't mind the transmission noise;)

Glad you like it and I'll probably need to make it clearer. If you remember on 09s the PSE got delayed and you're right later 09 cars did have it just not the initial and mid-year 09s.....

No worries and thanks for the follow up. Your write up/video really hits the mark on those of us with PSE and the boost in HP and sound in Sport/Sport Plus by adding a crossover. Adding the IPD Plenum with this crossover is certainly the next mod I'm making. Thanks again.

mb230s 11-20-2012 06:52 AM

Not really the mod type but a great article. Will be curious to see your 997.1 write-up as a comparison between the two cars.

sharkster 11-20-2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by daberlin (Post 3695846)
No worries and thanks for the follow up. Your write up/video really hits the mark on those of us with PSE and the boost in HP and sound in Sport/Sport Plus by adding a crossover. Adding the IPD Plenum with this crossover is certainly the next mod I'm making. Thanks again.

Thanks for looking out for us;)

Originally Posted by mb230s (Post 3696076)
Not really the mod type but a great article. Will be curious to see your 997.1 write-up as a comparison between the two cars.

Ah you know in the modding world with the 997.2 in a way less is more;) Working on the 997.1 stuff which will take a while:o

sharkster 11-27-2012 12:50 PM

we also have a few more guides up for those of you with gt3s as well:)
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...-tuning-guide/

talol85 09-28-2013 04:00 PM

hey

I have 2006 ctts

do you offer a tune for my car ?

do I have to send the dme to you ?

how much hp I will get ?

do you suggest to use a diverter valve with the tune for a daily use car ?

regards

Talal

sharkster 10-02-2013 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by talol85 (Post 3946900)
hey

I have 2006 ctts

do you offer a tune for my car ?

do I have to send the dme to you ?

how much hp I will get ?

do you suggest to use a diverter valve with the tune for a daily use car ?

regards

Talal

hi talal yes we do. You would get 50/60hp/tq and I would use the upgraded DV's on higher mileage cars for sure.

cerbomark 10-02-2013 05:59 PM

interesting write up, thanks.

On My wish list is that new flywheel when a clutch is needed.

SlateC2S 10-02-2013 09:35 PM

SW - did you ever do a write up on 997.1 like you say?? If so, pls post link!

sharkster 10-09-2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by cerbomark (Post 3949944)
interesting write up, thanks.

On My wish list is that new flywheel when a clutch is needed.

Ah that'll make it snappy indeed:)

Originally Posted by SlateC2S (Post 3950094)
SW - did you ever do a write up on 997.1 like you say?? If so, pls post link!

Thanks and not yet sorry:o