997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Muffler Bypass in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:16 PM
911noobie is on a distinguished road
Whats your best price on these side muffler bypass for 997.2?

Old 11-05-2013, 05:35 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Most folks that have gotten our exhaust in LA have gone to either Wheel Enhancement or Lucent Motors etc...

Old 01-13-2014, 04:15 AM
Preston is on a distinguished road
I'm still looking to meet up and hear someone's 997.1 with primary muffler bypass pipes (preferably all other exhaust components stock) in the LA area. Let me know if willing.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 AM
OldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Preston
I'm still looking to meet up and hear someone's 997.1 with primary muffler bypass pipes (preferably all other exhaust components stock) in the LA area. Let me know if willing.
This might be something you're interested in. PCA-LA is meeting this coming Sunday at Supercar Sunday in the Valley, just near the 101 Fwy at Topanga. There's going to be special parking area for PCA members' Porsches. I'm sure you'll be able to hear every variety of exhaust (and get answers to any other questions you may have) if you come by. Here's a copy of the info:

Join us on Sunday, January 19, 2014, as Super Car Sunday hosts PCA-LA!

Arrive at Super Car Sunday at your leisure between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., but be sure to arrive with enough time to check out the other amazing cars! PCA-LA Members should part in the designated marque car area.

At 10:00 a.m. sharp, we will depart on a scenic drive on the legendary Mulholland Drive to Lavaggio Auto Spa in Agoura Hills, California. While at Lavaggio, we will enjoy lunch provided by Auto Gallery and Coastline Motorsport.

When: Sunday January 19, 2014
Time: Arrive between 7:00am and 10:00am, departure for Lavaggio at 10:00am sharp!
Where: Westfield Promenade Mall
6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(On the corners of Topanga Canyon Blvd and Erwin Street)
RSVP: Not required
Cost: 0

Our designated featured parking area is:

Topanga and Erwin
Against Topanga Canyon Blvd edge of lot
Across the street from the auto dealerships
At the Auto Gallery tents

Old 01-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
I've been thinking about the supercup mufflers from Fabspeed. They could be a good alternate
I'm in San Diego and would also like to hear a car with either exhaust

Old 01-13-2014, 07:05 PM
OCT
OCT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Evil997
I've been thinking about the supercup mufflers from Fabspeed. They could be a good alternate
I'm in San Diego and would also like to hear a car with either exhaust
My muffler bypass pipes from fabspeed should arrive tomorrow, have no idea how will it sound.....

Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by OCT
My muffler bypass pipes from fabspeed should arrive tomorrow, have no idea how will it sound.....

When you get them installed please share on this thread or PM me your thoughts.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot
This might be something you're interested in. PCA-LA is meeting this coming Sunday at Supercar Sunday in the Valley, just near the 101 Fwy at Topanga. There's going to be special parking area for PCA members' Porsches. I'm sure you'll be able to hear every variety of exhaust (and get answers to any other questions you may have) if you come by. Here's a copy of the info:

Join us on Sunday, January 19, 2014, as Super Car Sunday hosts PCA-LA!

Arrive at Super Car Sunday at your leisure between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., but be sure to arrive with enough time to check out the other amazing cars! PCA-LA Members should part in the designated marque car area.

At 10:00 a.m. sharp, we will depart on a scenic drive on the legendary Mulholland Drive to Lavaggio Auto Spa in Agoura Hills, California. While at Lavaggio, we will enjoy lunch provided by Auto Gallery and Coastline Motorsport.

When: Sunday January 19, 2014
Time: Arrive between 7:00am and 10:00am, departure for Lavaggio at 10:00am sharp!
Where: Westfield Promenade Mall
6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(On the corners of Topanga Canyon Blvd and Erwin Street)
RSVP: Not required
Cost: 0

Our designated featured parking area is:

Topanga and Erwin
Against Topanga Canyon Blvd edge of lot
Across the street from the auto dealerships
At the Auto Gallery tents

Wow sounds like a great event and opportunity to see many different exhausts as well as other mods for p-cars. Does it matter though that I'm not a PCA member?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:52 AM
OldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond repute
Wow sounds like a great event and opportunity to see many different exhausts as well as other mods for p-cars. Does it matter though that I'm not a PCA member?
Not at all. Everyone's welcome to the show. Not sure about the free lunch later, but you can ask when you're there. I plan to go to the show but not on the drive afterward, as I have people coming over to watch the football game that starts at noon Pacific time.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:13 PM
OCT
OCT is on a distinguished road

When you get them installed please share on this thread or PM me your thoughts.
Ok, muffler bypass pipe is on today.
First impression outside the car, it sounds extremely nice and strong.
When I was driving it, I barely hear anything but droneeeeeee.
I would say it really wakes the car up and sound like a cup car.
My muffler is gundo hacked, and it is nothing loud compare to real muffler bypass pipes at all.
If it is a weekend toy, it is not to bad.
If it is a daily car just like me, I would say it is just too much even I love the loud cars.
In the end, I would leave them on for a few more days and see if my ear will handle it or not.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:17 PM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
maybe throw the side mufflers back on and replace the center muffler with the Xpipe

Old 01-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
I will buy them if you decide to sell

Old 01-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by OCT
Ok, muffler bypass pipe is on today.
First impression outside the car, it sounds extremely nice and strong.
When I was driving it, I barely hear anything but droneeeeeee.
I would say it really wakes the car up and sound like a cup car.
My muffler is gundo hacked, and it is nothing loud compare to real muffler bypass pipes at all.
If it is a weekend toy, it is not to bad.
If it is a daily car just like me, I would say it is just too much even I love the loud cars.
In the end, I would leave them on for a few more days and see if my ear will handle it or not.
Thanks for sharing. My porsche is more of a frequent driver than a daily or weekend car so I'm torn. I was debating the gundo hack but figured it would be too quiet. I want it loud but not unbearable for the ladies in my life haha depending on what I hear at the PCA meet this Sunday i might also be interested in buying them off you if you come to find them too loud.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:35 PM
GETU1 will become famous soon enoughGETU1 will become famous soon enough
What would be the DB difference between say a straight piped 360 or gallardo compared to these bypass pipes for the 997.1?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:13 AM
jsiverio is on a distinguished road
After too much youtube'ing, I decided to take the plunge and give the Fabspeed side muffler bypass a shot. We'll see, it's all about experimenting!

Although, I ordered them last Thursday and Fabspeed called on Friday to say that they were out of stock and they had to be fabricated, which would take about 3-4 weeks. guess I have to cool my anticipation just a bit.

-- I'm combining them with the Sharwerks x-pipe (muffler delete) which is already installed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Muffler Bypass in Los Angeles