997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fidelity warranty

Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Tuvok is on a distinguished road
Look into Costco's extended warranties backed by Century insurance. This policy is actually administered by Fidelity but contains fewer exclusions. The Fidelity policy has a provision to excluded any item that is wearable when the car reaches 50k miles. That can be interpreted to mean all parts on the car. The Century policy doesn't contain that exclusion.

I had a Fidelity policy and I canceled it in order to go with the Costco Century policy.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:56 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I bought a 4-year Fidelity platinum policy almost 2 years ago just when my CPO was going to expire on my 06 C2S cab. At that time everything I read indicated that this was the best policy out there. Porsche dealer also told me they found Fidelity to be a good insurer. I haven't needed it yet so can't verify how good it is. Prices are based on mileage, age, desired duration, etc. You can purchase a Fidelity policy anywhere. You don't need to purchase from P-car dealer. Sometimes you'll get a better price from a Honda dealer. Fidelity is the insurer, and Porsche doesn't care where you buy it. By shopping around you can often save money.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !
I have a fidelity warranty and so far only needed to use it once when the mechanism that latches/unlatches the top on my cab was malfunctioning. I didn't have any problems with fidelity, about a thousand dollar claim if I remember correctly. I just had to pay the tax on the transaction. I think success with these warranty companies has a lot to do with how the service advisor writes up the claim. So far I'm pleased with the warranty.

Ken

Old 09-26-2013, 11:09 AM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
I have this on one of our cars and can offer the following based on recent experience.

First, and foremost, Fidelity will do their utmost to avoid paying any claims of any kind.

Second, and importantly, they rely on the dealers to sell their product so dealer advocacy on the insured's behalf is where the rubber meets the road.

The ignition steering wheel inter-lock on our VW New Beetle failed; under my reading of the Platinum Fidelity policy, this was a covered part. Fidelity interpreted this as a "lock" and therefor denied coverage.

My family has purchased over 20 vehicles from this dealership through the years; one call from the sales manager and our $800 repair was handled, no questions asked - only make claims at dealerships where you have history / stroke.

For my money, the policy just paid for itself, since the next item to fail is likely to be one where Fidelity has NO place to hide.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:36 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
i had fidelity platinum on my previous 02 996 C2- it paid for RMS seal, key remote not working on 2nd key, & various other small minor item- they recently paid for wife's 07boxsterS inside door handle cable- now the window regular is out on pass side (going in next week- expect it will be covered according to dealer)-
on some items coverage definitely depends on how it's explained by dealer (i.e locks, door handles- excluded in policy) but door cable or regulator is covered. after 50k miles wear item exclusion could be issue. (some wear/tear items are covered in costco policy)- but i wouldn't expect any after mkt warranty to cover battery, brakes, belts,
my 2 cents- $1800 for 6 yrs coverage is worth it- a few minor repairs over that time and it's paid for itself.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:51 PM
KINGCONG is on a distinguished road
I just received the contract from Fidelity...anyone see any issues with it? Contract can be downloaded from my box.com account.

https://app.box.com/s/uq2271llxqvpw2gpsmbb

Old 09-27-2013, 05:04 AM
Tuvok is on a distinguished road
Check out exception # 20 on page 5 of the contract. It excludes wear and tear items on vehicles with over 50k miles. Many other exclusion based warranties dont have a mileage wear limit. Look into Costco's warranty.