997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

35% Tint: Before & After

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:33 PM
sphinz will become famous soon enoughsphinz will become famous soon enough
35% Tint: Before & After

Just got the car tinted and thought I'd post a before and after pics. Note, the car has black interior, and the rear window was tinted at 20%, while the sides (front and back) are at 35% regular film, non-ceramic.

Attached Images   
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sphinz
Just got the car tinted and thought I'd post a before and after pics. Note, the car has black interior, and the rear window was tinted at 20%, while the sides (front and back) are at 35% regular film, non-ceramic.
Nice and even nicer, thanks for sharing sphinz....saw that you're in CA as well, any concerns with cops tagging you for the fronts?

I know it's a mixed bag and sometimes luck of the draw since I've seen tons of cars here limo tinted front and back...

Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 PM
amoahkuc is on a distinguished road
Awesome look. Too bad in Oregon we can't go darker than 15%, and absolutley no tint on the front. I worry about sun damage to the interior of the car and would like to put even a 1-2% on the front winshield just to keep more UV light out of the car.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:44 AM
memo555 is on a distinguished road
same here.. black on black can get hot under the sun. I think you can get 100% clear UV filter "tints" by the way.. might be a good option for the windshield.

Black 911 with black tint.. all-red taillights... enough said!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by vg247
Nice and even nicer, thanks for sharing sphinz....saw that you're in CA as well, any concerns with cops tagging you for the fronts?
Never really concerned to be honest. I have had all my cars tinted, and the only vehicle I had trouble with was the one that had limo tint on the front windows.

35% seems to have been safe on my past 4 cars.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by memo555
same here.. black on black can get hot under the sun. I think you can get 100% clear UV filter "tints" by the way.. might be a good option for the windshield.
The glass alone stops almost 100% of the UV rays.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Can you post more pics? Do you notice a difference between the side and the darker back?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Can you post more pics? Do you notice a difference between the side and the darker back?
I'll take some more pictures for you. What would you like to see specifically?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
I'll take some more pictures for you. What would you like to see specifically?
I would like to see how noticeable the difference between the side and rear is.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Not sure if you were thinking of a darker shade for your tint based on manufacturer and tint material (ceramic vs metallized, etc.)

I did 20% wincos ceramic on my 3 rears and 45% on the two fronts..I didnt want it too dark and also being in CA wanted the contrast front vs rear to minimize police hassle,etc.

That being said my front vs rear are not too noticeable..nice transition, depending on the lighting -hope these pix might help:

Attached Images    

Last edited by vg247; 09-19-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:39 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Question tint

I have always heard that Ceramic was the way to go. Is there any issues with interferance with using non-ceramic tints on porsches?

Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
I have always heard that Ceramic was the way to go. Is there any issues with interferance with using non-ceramic tints on porsches?
Realistically no interference issues. Mainly ceramic films offer a lighter tint shade with comparable heat protection to say metallized films..example is my 20% reject as much heat as Wincos 5% limo tiint shade metallized film series,etc.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Originally Posted by vg247
Realistically no interference issues. Mainly ceramic films offer a lighter tint shade with comparable heat protection to say metallized films..example is my 20% reject as much heat as Wincos 5% limo tiint shade metallized film series,etc.
that's great. we might be able to get away with driver's and passenger's side window tint here in California

Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
that's great. we might be able to get away with driver's and passenger's side window tint here in California

Yeah it's hit and miss re. front tints (no matter how light) and front license plates for us lucky folks here in the Republic of California.

My 70 y/o father was just ticketed for no front plates by a meter maid in the east bay while his E Class was parked..can you believe that?!

Old 09-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Hope this helps. The difference between the rear window (20%) and the side windows (35%) is not noticeable IMO. Sorry I didn't have time to snap better pictures without any reflections.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 35% Tint: Before & After