997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Alpine INE-W927HD installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Alpine INE-W927HD installed

I had my POS/PITA .1 PCM replaced this week, and I am extremely pleased with my decision to go with the Alpine INE-W927HD. Marina del Rey, CA was a bit of a drive from Little Rock, AR, so I had the install done here locally. That said, I would like to thank Delrey Customs for posting all the Youtube vids, which had a big influence on my decision to go with this product.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine INE-W927HD.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	904.3 KB
ID:	295835  
Old 11-02-2013, 04:26 PM
usaf.ammoguy is on a distinguished road
Got Mine at A & E in Delray

I've got the same unit installed in my 2008 997 S. I bought the kit from the folks in Delray and did it myself. I saved over $1K. It even came with Porsche logo faceplate and Porsche logo on the start up screen. Plan to do the LED fog/turn/tail light conversion the same way. I love A&E!.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine Install.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	295940  
Old 11-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
You got a great deal, sounds like. One basic thing I notice that the Alpine doesn't have is a destination ETA, although it has time to destination. Seems like an obvious function to have left out.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:17 PM
tlis300 has a spectacular aura abouttlis300 has a spectacular aura about
Looks good!

Old 11-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by JB in AR
You got a great deal, sounds like. One basic thing I notice that the Alpine doesn't have is a destination ETA, although it has time to destination. Seems like an obvious function to have left out.
Well I look at the unit as being a Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none kinda thing, so yeah, it would be nice to have ETA, but I can live without it.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by usaf.ammoguy
Well I look at the unit as being a Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none kinda thing, so yeah, it would be nice to have ETA, but I can live without it.
Actually, I found where ETA was hidden. If you touch the destination/waypoint box on the left of the screen in map mode, it leaves map mode and presents ETA at the destination or waypoint. Obviously, you have to a destination programmed for an ETA to show.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Good catch and thank you JB in Razorback country!

Old 11-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by usaf.ammoguy
Good catch and thank you JB in Razorback country!
You're welcome, but the Hogs pretty much suck bad this year.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Know the feeling. My Bulldogs tried to give it away against the 'Gators this afternoon, but it ended well enough.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Did you use a MOST HUR unit to keep using the Bose amp or did you bypass?

Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 PM
If you mean the analog to fiber-optic interface, yes. And let me tell you, that Alpine with the Bose back end rocks!

The kit from A&E came with everything I needed. I also got the TR-7 Trigger Output Module that overrides the parking brake and transmission signals to allow you to watch DVDs while you are moving (something I have no interest in), and the backup camera (which I didn't install because who needs one on a car that's barely 15ft long anyway?). A&E thought of everything, pre-wired the interfaces, and put it all in the package.

But the thing that made the install go so well was the willingness of Shane at A&E to answer any an all questions along the way. He gave me his personal contact information and I must've called, texted, and emailed him more than 20 times during the prep and install process - even on a Sunday. He was always patient and walked me through any situation that came up; no question was too stupid and no detail was too small, he was always there for me. Like I said in a post above, I'll be using them again for future add-ons and upgrades.

Last edited by usaf.ammoguy; 11-02-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:25 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Yeah? That's awesome to hear. It sounds substantially better? You might want to check out the budget audio install thread too, ryem3 and others have figured out some great drop-in speaker upgrades that are inexpensive and make a big difference.

I have a bad back (car accident in 2008) so twisting around to look back when I'm backing up sucks mightily, two ribs on my right side dislocate almost every time... A backup camera would be welcome for me.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey Secret Asian Man, send me a PM. If you've got the same Alpine unit I might can help you out with that camera; it's just sitting in my garage in the original plastic bag doing nothing.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Hey Secret Asian Man

The blog won't let me send you a PM reply until my post count gets above 15, and I'm not quite there yet (a newbie). Anyway, my unit is an Alpine INE-W927HD however, if you don't have the head unit already the one you buy will most likely have the camera included. I thought you had this unit without the camera and I was going to send you mine gratis. Sorry it didn't work out.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Thank you for the very generous offer - those cameras aren't usually included with the headunit, they are sold separately. As much as I'd love to take you up on that offer and go buy the headunit now, I have to be honest and suggest that you sell it on ebay if you're not going to use it. They seem to be listing for $100-150.

Last edited by SecretAsianMan; 11-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alpine INE-W927HD installed