6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   I am my Porsche (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/323317-i-am-my-porsche.html)

carrera997re 11-26-2013 10:23 AM

OP jumped ship hes running for the hillsssss. Wonder where chucky is

Ynot 11-26-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by jeffkilly (Post 3988716)
Sorry and not meant to insult, but is this a joke?

No, it's an obsession.

SBPORSCHE 11-26-2013 09:44 PM

The responses have been very enlightening.....thanks guys! Clearly my attempts to spark your passion are misplaced. I mistakenly believed that there might be others that share my passion - so I put myself out there.
I'll be spending less time in the future trying to help and uplift those on these forums and more time in my passionate, amazing, real life. Thanks for the wake up call!
PS- I won't delete my post since I want to remind myself of it the next time I go to start a thread, or help someone with a question.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

cuemaster 11-26-2013 09:49 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...PoDcvVzLninJiG

cool

starry

bra

jeffkilly 11-27-2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by SBPORSCHE (Post 3989471)
The responses have been very enlightening.....thanks guys! Clearly my attempts to spark your passion are misplaced. I mistakenly believed that there might be others that share my passion - so I put myself out there.
I'll be spending less time in the future trying to help and uplift those on these forums and more time in my passionate, amazing, real life. Thanks for the wake up call!
PS- I won't delete my post since I want to remind myself of it the next time I go to start a thread, or help someone with a question.

Not trying to start an argument here, rather I am going to try to explain to you the issue and why we all reacted negatively to your post. I do not think anyone is judging you on your passion for your car, although it is a little extreme and this is coming from a new owner of my first Porsche, which I do love and can't wait to drive again.

Our issue was you comparing your greatness to your car. You came off very conceited, a trait not admired by most people. I am not saying you are conceited, just saying the way you wrote the comparisons made you sound like you thought you are "it". Hence the many comments about humility being a trait you lack. I think if you re-read your post and maybe ask a friend to read it, you will understand the issue.

To all other posters, if I misquoted you in my response, I apologize and obviously feel free to correct my assumptions.

myw 11-27-2013 08:17 PM

agreed completely. i almost thought it was a joke post since it perpetuated the 'im better then you becuz i drive a porsche' quasi-myth.

Originally Posted by jeffkilly (Post 3990091)
Not trying to start an argument here, rather I am going to try to explain to you the issue and why we all reacted negatively to your post. I do not think anyone is judging you on your passion for your car, although it is a little extreme and this is coming from a new owner of my first Porsche, which I do love and can't wait to drive again.

Our issue was you comparing your greatness to your car. You came off very conceited, a trait not admired by most people. I am not saying you are conceited, just saying the way you wrote the comparisons made you sound like you thought you are "it". Hence the many comments about humility being a trait you lack. I think if you re-read your post and maybe ask a friend to read it, you will understand the issue.

To all other posters, if I misquoted you in my response, I apologize and obviously feel free to correct my assumptions.

sandwedge 11-27-2013 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by jeffkilly (Post 3990091)

Not at all. Hard to tell which direction most of the love is flowing. Towards the car or .....

Tmainevent 12-02-2013 06:49 AM

lots of keyboard ninjas...OP your post is your post...don't mind the criticism. Happy to see a P-car lover put his feelings into words ;)

flatsixrocks 12-02-2013 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by SBPORSCHE (Post 3989471)

I share that Passion, but you know... Thereīs something "politically correct" that many people care too much about.

I donīt.